Tuesday, January 09, 2007

 

Day 323 - Return of the Cornbread Dressing

Greetings, Gentle Readers.

Monday is over and done with - hasta la pasta.

We have a new person starting on the team today at work, and one leaving the team later in the week. The turnstile of business, I guess...

I have a personal question for you - do you freeze? Joe - you're going to return my CONTAINER with no homemade cornbread dressing for ME? (Insert whiny voice here saying - 'What about ME?')

Our upright freezer in the garage looks a lot like this one - but ours is much more full! I expect we could live for months on the contents of our freezer, but it wouldn't be a very balanced diet!

Kitchen tip on little-known freezable items - crackers, potato chips, pretzels etc. freeze wonderfully and they don't go stale.

I dehydrate summer squash, and then freeze it dehydrated. It lasts a LONG time, and is great in soup and casseroles and such.

I freeze chopped green peppers, mushrooms, etc. so I can take a handful and toss them into whatever I am cooking. I do buy canned mushrooms too, the kind with no salt added.

Uh-oh - I just realized I've talked about FOOD for most of this blog - apologies. Take two TUMS and call me in the morning...

A big Thank You to SY for giving me a 2007 tracker yesterday to log my swim schedule. That will be so helpful, and I am going to go swim after work today.

TTFN and have a nice Twofer Tuesday!

Comments:
I'll do you even better Karen - I'll invite you over to my house for turkey, gravy, green beans and sweet potatoes PLUS the dressing. Uhhhh - just let me know when you have some turkey, gravy, green beans and sweet potatoes you want to bring over :)
 
Joe,

I've got all that stuff in the FREEZER (great segue), so why not bring the dressing over HERE? :-)
 
Hahaha! I missed this yesterday! Joe is hilarious!!!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?