Sunday, January 07, 2007

 

Day 321 - A Relaxing Sunday

Greetings, Blogregation!
I know that when I load pictures into today's blog, it'll double space everything. I am adding this section at 4:45pm, and I hope it isn't too confusing.

Sorry!

I am going to add to the beginning here instead of the end, in case I don't feel like fixing the double spaced lines.
Hey - I can be lazy on the weekend if I want to!

Aunt Nancy - eat your heart out - I got a CHICO's TRAVELLER hooded jacket/overshirt for $2.15, this is worth approximately $75.

It is in perfect condition, is washable, and my favorite - black and white.

I estimate 1/3 of my wardrobe is black and white.

Coming up next - just as lovely but I have no idea what it cost originally, somewhere between $50 and $100.

This is a microfiber-style faux suede jacket-shirt, light gray in color, fully lined, with beautiful ginko and oak leaves scattered on it in a darker gray.

The brand is Norton McNaughton Petites, and if you know me you know this is totally what I like if it has leaves on it and is any neutral, earthy shade. It looks like an ultrasuede suit I used to have.
It is in perfect condition, is washable, and just STUNNING. Also $2.15.
I got several more items, but nothing quite as spectacular as those two. I put back 2 L.L. Bean items (a vest and a fleece jacket) and I put back an Ann Klien top, that was hard to do but I did it.

Charlie and I are going to run out for a little while to Target, but even that is optional.

Let's talk about what 'doing nothing' at home entails...

My 'nothing' day has included:
Two mugs of coffee.
Two loads of wash. (my second one just finished drying, as I heard the dryer stop)
A HUGE breakfast of eggs, biscuits with homemade preserves, country ham, bacon, and sliced tomato. (Now I've run out of eggs and I need more to make another batch of meatballs. No, I skipped the biscuits, they were for Charlie.)
Exercising for half an hour.
Shower, etc.

We'll run our errands and I'll come home and make 2 lbs of meatballs - my last batch was awesome.
TTFN!

Comments:
Hi Karen, I'm back! Didn't check in on the blog when in Prov visiting Will and family (he's doing well and looks good)! Actually "wished for child" (See Wed the 3rd) is very good, but you were named for Aunt Marie, your father's great Aunt who lived in Prov. (Remember Aunt Zelma and Aunt Marie were sisters who lived together with Marie's husband, Bert on Hope Street?) I have no idea who Aunt Marie was named for.
 
We had a lazy day too...and will continue to be lazy until tomorrow! Happy Sunday...can't wait to see the pictures of your
goodwill goodies!
 
I like your new super inexpensive shirts!! Great finds! xoxoxo
 
Love the Chico's shirt! I still have the black long T with silver "balls" on it that you gave me so many years ago.

In law school when I didn't have two nickels to rub together as they say, I used to go the "Next to New Shop" and the Symphony shop in fancy Pacific Heights, and get cute designer stuff (I didn't know Gucci from Pucci at the time) for a few dollars.

Loehmann's is good too if you have that in your area?
 
Nancy - I can't believe you still have that shirt! I don't remember if it had shoulder pads in it, but if it does, cut them out! I've 'excised' all the shoulder pads I can reach from my older clothes. Nope - no Loehmanns here.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?