Saturday, January 06, 2007

 

Day 320 - Weekend 1 of the New Year

Greetings, Bloggy 2007 Weekend Warriors!

Ahhhh, two short work weeks in a row, but now there is a price to pay - very few holidays between now and summer.

However, I did notice yesterday when leaving work that it wasn't pitch dark out - the days are getting longer and I am looking forward to spring. (It didn't help that yesterday was in the 60's and felt like spring anyway).

Is your tree still up? Decorations still hung all over the house? Mantlepiece covered with bits and bobs? Time to get all that stuff put away for another year. (I'm really reminding myself, not YOU, gentle readers.)

I've got plenty of shopping, cleaning, and laundry to do this weekend, but overall, a pretty relaxed weekend schedule. If I feel like it, I can do it, if I don't, I won't.

Did I tell you that my friend SY has turned me into a Goodwill archeologist? SY is a patient, diligent, and extremely selective researcher, uncovering treasures that are hidden to the average shopper. She only buys items that appear brand new, that also have a designer label.

Applying her 'clothes mining' principles, I have found (unbelievably) that in a Goodwill store I may uncover a Liz Claiborne, Talbots, Ann Klien, or other expensive item for a couple of dollars. I am shocked, actually - with all the folks doing eBay full time, you'd think the bargains would be gone. They aren't. And TODAY I have a 50% off coupon! Awesome.

So - if you see me 'dressed to the nines' in something expensive looking and classic, you can be sure I spent next to nothing for it. Not bad if I do say so myself...

TTFN and Have a Nice Weekend, Everyone!

Comments:
FUN STUFF! Goodwill clothes mining!! I'm not much of a 'searcher' so I do most of my shopping on Ebay for similar prices (even after shipping!!) I HATE spending full price on clothing! Have a great weekend & happy shopping!
xoxoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?