Wednesday, January 03, 2007

 

Day 317 - License Plates - Vanity or Insanity?

Greetings, Bloggy Drivers!

The first day back at work is history - everything I touched yesterday broke, but I am slowly gaining ground.

I saw a really cute vanity plate yesterday - 'REINMAN'. I assume it was a horse trainer, horse owner, or horse lover.

Yes, I have a vanity plate - does that mean I'm vain? I dunno - maybe!

I was behind a car last week with a TENNESSEE vanity license plate that now says NYORKER. I found that offensive, actually. More like insanity to inflame the locals...

Apologies to all you New Yorkers out there, but MY experience with New Yorkers has not been good, considering my layoff and all...

Speaking of experiences - the New, Wonderful Blogger I upgraded to overlaps the comments (you've all noticed that), and when I add a picture after I've written something, it double spaces it all and I have to go back and remove all the whitespace it added.

(My patience is a thin white line that I dare you to cross...)

I've told you about my horrific fortune cookie that said 'You are plagued with constant worry' - which I was, AFTER I read it.

Yesterday at work, I mentioned that my middle name is Marie. Do you know what 'Marie' means? 'Sea of Bitterness'. Good Grief! Moooom, whassup with THAT? I want an additional middle name that negates the Bitterness one. Is there a name that means 'Land of Sweetness' to offset 'Sea of Bitterness'? I hope so.

Well gang, I guess that's just about enough rambling for this psychiatric session, ISN'T IT? ;-)

(Oh no, she's gone off the deep end - call Doc Bloggy and see if he'll do an online web session)

Comments:
Marie (two sources checked)
(1)French and English: from the popular medieval female personal name, Latin Maria. This was the name of the mother of Christ in the New Testament, as well as several other New Testament figures. It derives from Aramaic Maryam (Biblical Hebrew Miryam), but the vernacular forms have been influenced by the Roman family name Marius (which is of uncertain origin). The Hebrew name is likewise of uncertain etymology, but perhaps means ‘wished-for child’, from an Egyptian root mrj with the addition of the Hebrew feminine diminutive suffix -am. St. Jerome understood it as a compound of mar ‘drop’ + yam ‘sea’, which he rendered as Latin stilla maris, later altered to stella maris ‘star of the sea’, whence the medieval Christian liturgical phrase.
----------------------------
(2)Hebrew: bitter, rebel or wished for child; Egyptian beloved or loved.
 
I think Nancy already fixed the name for you...wished-for child is much nicer ;)
Got stuck working late today and didn't get to go visit Will like expected..bummer. Will go next Wednesday and Tony & I will take him out for dinner next weekend! Found out that I don't have the 16th off either...thought maybe I could make a stink at work and tell them that they're predudiced not allowing us the 'black' holiday..but don't think it would work. ;)
Oh well...guess we'll both be waiting a bit for another holiday!
Have a good rest of the week.
xoxoxoxo
 
Thank goodness! Wished-for child is perfect!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?