Tuesday, January 02, 2007

 

Day 316 - Time to Write the Wrong Year on Your Checks

Greetings, all you folks who are returning to WORK after a lovely long holiday. *sigh*

Time to write '2006' on your checks by mistake (even though I really don't write that many checks anymore, mostly at the *&^% grocery store I seem to go into every day).

I'm running out of laundry detergent now, and 'cheap' gallon bags. I get the expensive zipper-style gallon bags for the stuff that NEEDS it, and the cheap-o gallon bread bags for stuff like lettuce, 'shake and bake' bags, etc. I did stop at Wal-mart yesterday for green beans and paper napkins. It seemed like everyone was buying diet dinners (Smart Ones and Lean Cuisine - New Year's resolutions at work folks, you read it here first!)

There is a long, dark void ahead - no holidays till King Day (and I don't get that one), then another void before any other freebie days off from work.

But lo, in the east - a light shines forth with great candlepower... What could it be? Why, the days are getting LONGER again! Spring is on the way! When the daffodils come up in February I *might* have all my holiday stuff put away. ;-)

We wrestled the Christmas tree out of the stand yesterday, and pulled the ceremonial burial covering (Christmas tree disposal bag) over it with great reverence- it was way past dead, unfortunately.

Charlie's comment: 'I don't see any needles in the bag, only on the floor. '

It will lie in state forever in the ditch out back where it will join last years tree and compare notes about my housekeeping prowess (or not).

TTFN and it's BACK TO WORK, FOLKS!

P.S. - I've made lunches and frothed the milk for my coffee this morning, I've got time for a little EXERCISE before I have breakfast. Joy, bliss!

Comments:
Awww, so sad for the Xmas tree!! :(
I've been pretty good so far with the date on my charts...only had to change it once! And still not smoking, although I'm not happy about it. hehe ;)
xoxoxoxo
 
Hi Phil and Tiff, take some time to ENJOY not working, I certainly did! I'll be thinking about you, and if you'd like to take turns writing my blog, I'm interested!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?