Monday, January 01, 2007

 

Day 315 - Welcome, 2007! Happy New Year!

Greetings to all, the Bloggy New Year has arrived!

I've already broken my New Year's resolution to avoid the scale. I gained 3 lbs this weekend. Gotta go swim!

Buddy Joe's New Year's resolution is to read the books I lent him last year. ;-) Thanks, Joe.

Charlie's New Year's resolution is for a year without drama. With a daughter getting married in a few weeks time, lotsa luck.

We (me, Charlie, Buddy Joe) stayed up till midnight, and ate and drank all we could stand. We polished off a bottle of eggnog liqueur, some Irish Cream liqueur, some southern comfort, and some beer. We ate crabmeat rangoons with duck sauce, chips and dip, and homemade meatball sandwiches with tomato sauce and provolone cheese.

The highlight of the evening was watching the claymation 'Creature Comforts' DVD that Joe brought with him.

This is a show in the UK, where they interview 'regular people' and use the dialogue in situations using animated claymation animals. For example, there are two old ladies that they kindly turned into 'old bats' (go figure), and are shown at all times hanging upside down. They are hilarious because they can't hear what has been asked, and have important questions like 'is it time for lunch?', and funny things like that.

This DVD set has a special DVD devoted to Christmas, where a lot of their 'regulars' are trying to sing 'the Twelve Days of Christmas'. Way funny.

I realized this morning that I won't have my reserved parking space anymore at work. Crap.

I realized this morning that I'll be able to do my taxes soon. Goody.

I know there's a lot more to talk about THIS YEAR, but for now I'd better go get some exercise. TTFN and Happy New Year!

Comments:
Happy New Year Karen and Charlie! We're back from our New Year's festivites at the Town and Country, Shelburne, NH. Had a great time, just need a nap! Tomorrow it's off to Providence to see grandson, William, who came home on leave yesterday from Iraq. God Bless all of our men in uniform and hope and pray 2007 will find them returning from Iraq!
 
Correction--it's men and women in uniform!
 
Thanks, Mom! Happy New Year, and please give Will a hug from us! xxx
 
Happy New Year Mamma!!!!! Glad you had a nice night..we did too! Got home fairly early and didn't feel too awful this morning..success! Haha!
We're TRYING to quit smoking AGAIN for our resolution..so far, so good!
LOVE YOU!!!
xoxoxoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?