Wednesday, January 24, 2007

 

Day 338 - Midweek and All is Well

Greetings! It's midweek, of course!

How's your week going? Fair to Middlin'?

Here is some 'Wednesday' art for you - what CULTURE you find on this blog!

This looks like a piece of a fishnet stocking over a tile, with a carelessly glued button on it. Soon to be the latest fashion rage...

You know, I actually WORE fishnet stockings a couple of times, years ago?

Changing subjects...

It's turned cold here, and parents drive their kids to the end of the driveway and wait with them until the schoolbus comes.

I see the 'minivan dance' as the schoolbus stops for a child, the bus moves down the road, and Mom or Dad backs the car down the driveway to the house. Then I get to see the next stop, where the exact same thing happens. Pick up child, wait till the bus leaves, reverse gear to the house.

They look like bugs in reverse. I can't describe it to you accurately, but it's fun to watch because it is a 'morning pattern'. I don't always get behind the schoolbus - I've been leaving the house at different times. When I'm ready to go to work, I go.

And I'm ready to go now, so BYE! TTFN!

Comments:
How cold does it have to get for parents to drive their kids down the driveway? I remember my three daughters telling me later in life that they took off their ski pants at the end of our driveway before the bus arrived! Those were the days when girls wore dresses to school! You were there, Karen!

Oh it was zero degrees this morning, and now a balmy 30.
 
Ahhhhhhhhhh, school. We didn't get driven down OUR driveway...we even used to have to WALK all the way up the street to wait with Meg & Jason so the lazy bus driver wouldn't have to make TWO stops! (UPHILL BOTH WAYS, right??)
It was pretty nice here today, but tomorrow will be VERY cold, as will Friday & the weekend! YUCKY!
xoxoxo
 
What wusses! We walked 1/3 mile to the school bus, sometimes on sleds or skis and if it was cold, tough. We also walked up the same hill on returning home. Zero degrees was not uncommon. We wore dresses to school and of course removed the bulky wool ski pants before we got there. Noone ever wore jeans (except farmers) or sneakers (for sports) in those days, right, Peggy?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?