Sunday, December 31, 2006

 

Day 314 - New Year's Eve!

Greetings, Bloggy Countdowners!

This photo is of a New Year's fireworks display over Niagra Falls. I've never seen Niagra Falls, can you believe it? I have GOT to put that on the 'do it before I get old and die' list. ;-)

It's the morning of New Year's Eve and I'm about to leave to go swimming, and stop at the store yet another time (no matter how many supplies we lay in, we always run out of something - this time milk and Pepsi).

I'll be blogging more later, and tell you some things about broken New Year's resolutions, some things you don't know about me, and other juicy stuff! ;-) TTFN!

I'm back, and it's noontime. The Tennessee Titans are playing the New England Patriots! All my family will be rooting for the Patriots, but since I live in Tennessee, I really should root for the Titans. I was in Walmart earlier, and folks were wearing Titans jerseys and talking about the game at the cash registers. Nothing like a team that's been winning to make the fans ACT like fans.

However, I would like to note that Tom Brady and Tedy Bruschi are my favorite Patriots. Isn't it an awesome thing for a football player to have a name that is pronounced 'Brew-ski'? HA!

Listen, Can We Talk? Warning, Warning - I will now reveal the truth about New Year's Eve.

New Year's Eve celebrations are usually AWFUL. I hate them and so do most people.

You're tired, (Hello, we get up at FIVE AM) you're in a contrived environment, often among strangers, where you're supposed to GO THERE AND HAVE FUN and then leave. I have tried to go to New Year's Eve parties. I've tried to HAVE New Year's Eve parties.

I've tried to just go to bed and forget the whole ***n thing, even that's not fun because then you miss 'IT'. It's no fun, but I don't want to miss it. And while I'm ranting, New Year's Eve television especially stinks.

Not only that, gentle readers, but you are expected to make New Year's resolutions (these are lies that you tell yourself you would like to make truths out of) and then KEEP them.

When I was young, we would write our New Year's resolutions out on slips of paper, then wish really hard and toss them in the fireplace to seal the resolution by fire.

Number one resolution - either a 'diet' or 'quit smoking' resolution.

Years ago I used to smoke but quit cold turkey by setting a date and telling everyone I knew that I was quitting on that day. I am way too selfconscious to have NOT quit after telling everyone I would, but I didn't do it on New Years.

And yes, I know it's easier to just cut off a limb rather than go on a diet, but it is right up there with giving up ciggy-butts.

Next in line - various other self-help options like 'exercise', 'eat right', 'communicate better', 'de-clutter my house','manage my money better', 'take up gardening', 'excel in the workplace' etc.

And the OTHER New Year's resolutions people have - that nobody admits to:


(roll sound clip of 'I'm so loathsome (lonesome) I could cry')

TTFN and Happy New Years! Talk to you next year, dearest readers!


Comments:
I like it -- no New Year's Resolutions. Sorry, I am a New Year's Eve fan.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?