Saturday, December 30, 2006

 

Day 313 - Another Late Posting

Greetings, Gentle Readers!

Sorry to 'click and run', but I just got back from swimming and Sams Club, and we have company coming in an hour for dinner and I haven't started it yet and I wanted to make a dessert too. EEEK! Well GO ON, girl, get a MOVE ON!

My nephew is on his way home to New England on leave from his third tour in Iraq (or is it the fourth?)

Welcome Home Will! We love you!

TTFN and more later! Happy New Year's Eve Eve? ;-)

Hey, gang - I'm FINALLY back.

We had a nice visit with Charlie's daughter and soon-to-be son-in-law, exchanged gifts, and all that good stuff.

I had bought one of Sams Club's roasted chickens, made 'country ham on rolls' (we ate ELEVEN of these), baked beans, cole slaw, and then I made homemade cookies - peanut butter, walnut and chocolate chip - for dessert. (We ate ELEVEN cookies too)

Can you stand it? I am avoiding the scale as of NOW and I'd better have an extra-long swim in the morning.

Is it a valid New Year's Resolution to avoid the scale?

I just finished taking all the lights and ornaments off the tree, and some of my Christmas stuff off the walls. I still have lots of that stuff up.

OMIGOSH - I almost forgot to tell this - Charlie and I went for a drive this afternoon, and part of it was through a semi-paved back road not too far from where we live.

A house we passed (a rough and tumble cottage, painted a ghastly blue) had decorated an old, rusted out tractor in their front yard with multi-colored lights - it was priceless.

It was the kind of picture that could win an award with just the right camera and just the right lighting, but alas, we didn't have the camera with us, so you'll just have to IMAGINE it.

Waxing nostalgic - what a year 2006 has been!

I got laid off, started blogging, travelled, shopped for a job, got a job, and here I am at the end of the year - a little older, maybe a little wiser, and re-employed. :-)

Maybe I can think of a few things to say to close out the old year and bring in the new! TTFN!

For example - what the &^%$# does 'Auld Lang Syne' mean???

“Auld Lang Syne” (awld lang zeyen, seyen)

A traditional Scottish song, customarily sung on New Year's Eve; the title means “Time Long Past.” The words, passed down orally, were recorded by the eighteenth-century poet Robert Burns.

The song begins:
Should auld [old] acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to min'?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And auld lang syne!

Stay tuned, gentle readers, for more 'Bloggin' New Year'. TTFN!

Comments:
Happy New Year's Eve eve! Have fun with your company! Tony took the day off and we spent it at the mall, then went to dinner. We're meeting some friends for dinner tomorrow night and hopefully meeting up with Will somewhere (and Evan too)!!! He emailed me that he'd be in town in time...can't wait! Enjoy your night tomorrow! xoxoxoxo
 
Wish I could be hanging out in Prov with all of you and Will!! A much happier New Year celebration knowing Will is out of harms' way.

I'll be toasting Will, Karen's blog, and my wonderful family so far away. xoxoxoxox

PS don't forget the Pats and the Titans!
 
Everyone have a safe and happy New Year Celebration tomorrow! Give me a call if you want to, we'll be home eating and drinking and generally having a great time! xxx
 
Karen, glad to hear more about your food and guests!

I'll be offline until January 2nd so hope to read exciting news about someone's New Year! I'm staying in with friends,at a beautiful home I could never afford, watching them cook and eating, drinking and gossiping in front of the fireplace --what could be better? (yeah I know I know!)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?