Tuesday, December 26, 2006

 

Day 309 - Company on the way!

Greetings, Bloggy After-Christmas-Clearance-Shoppers!

Sorry for the late posting, I got on road early to go swim! I avoided the mall area today due to the post-Christmas clearance crowd.


We have guests coming this afternoon through Thursday. I have to go back to WORK tomorrow, so Charlie is going to be cooking and hosting while I am working.

I *think* I'm ready - just got another huge batch of groceries at the store.
This afternoon I am making 'crabbies' - hot crab and cheese on english muffin bits for appetizers, with fresh fruit, and for dinner - fix-your-own gyros, green beans with pearl onions, and roasted red potatoes with olive oil and parmesan. YUM-O! I am skipping lunch due to the calorie value of our upcoming afternoon and evening.

Hey - do you want a family recipe? This is the recipe my mother uses for apple crisp - but it came from my Dad's family originally! No, the picture at the top is totally different, but it looked good so I grabbed it off the web.

Here goes: Apple Crisp (my father's recipe)

4 cups fresh, tart apples, sliced

1/4 c. water

3/4 c. sugar

1/2 pastry or cake flour

1 tsp. cinnamon

1/4 tsp salt

6 T. butter

Arrange apples in baking dish. Add water. Combine the dry ingredients; blend in the butter with a fork or fingers till the mixture crumbles. Pour these crumbles over the apples.

Bake uncovered about an hour at 350. Serves 6

To me - this is the absolute best apple crisp in the world. I encourage you to give it a try.
TTFN and it's ONWARD to the New Year (I look forward to the New Year because I can get my income tax refund - is that ridiculous?)

Comments:
Yum! I love Apple crisp! Gonna try that recipe!
Got lots of cleaning done today...the kitties tree is down and put away till next year..Yay! xoxoxoxo
have fun w/ your guests!
 
Aw, the kittens will surely miss having that tree to climb! What will be next? The curtains? Enjoy your time off! Back to work for me tomorrow! xxx
 
I do not like apple crisp but I'll take the crab & cheese thingies anytime.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?