Sunday, December 24, 2006

 

Day 307 - Merry Christmas-Eve, Everyone!

Greetings, Bloggy Stocking-Hangers! It's finally here - Christmas Eve...

I'm slogging down a cup of coffee, and I already have my swimsuit on to hit the road and go to Nashville to swim.

Yes, I did remember to bring my other clothing today...

By the way - did I mention that my other, closer health club is CLOSED for renovations all during the Christmas holiday? It might have been nice to have a *choice* of where to swim, but no break there for me.

I cooked my Christmas turkey yesterday, and thanks to the remote controlled electronic temperature baking probe my daughter gave me, it was another vastly moist and wonderful poultry sensation.

Ladies and gentlemen, if you have never had a really delicious turkey, you don't know what you're missing.

Turkey Humor: A three year old once gave this reaction to her Christmas dinner: "I don't like the turkey, but I like the bread he ate." Hilarious!

I'll write more later - gotta run for now! Merry Christmas! Family - I'll be talking to you soon! xxx-ooo

I'm back! A few more Christmas memories I want to mention...

When the kids were small, I used to take them to downtown Providence to a big department store called the Outlet Department store. (Also Shepards department store).

They had beautiful Christmas window displays, and interior displays where kids could have their picture taken with Santa, etc. I loved it and the kids did too! Here is an article about the old Outlet department store...

http://www.quahog.org/factsfolklore/index.php?id=31

Some Christmas quotes and superstitions:

"Snow on Christmas means Easter will be green."

"Good luck will come to the home where a fire is kept burning throughout the Christmas season.
"Place shoes by side on Christmas Eve to prevent a quarreling family."

"A clear star-filled sky on Christmas Eve will bring good crops in the summer."
"A blowing wind on Christmas Day brings good luck."


Comments:
Hi Phil and Tiff! Merry Christmas (or Happy Christmas) to you as well! If Joe ever gets back to Ipswich, I have a packet for the girls with him! Hugs, -k
 
Merry Xmas Eve! Glad the turkey came out so good again...JEALOUS! Wish we were there to eat some. We're off to Tony's Uncle's house for dinner....His Mom's for lunch tomorrow & we'll see Evan & Dad in the afternoon...busy busy!
Love you!!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?