Saturday, December 23, 2006

 

Day 306 - Click and a Promise

Greeting, Bloggy Mistletoe Gatherers!

Don't forget to read to your kids this Christmas!

I love this photo - that's me on the upper left under the way-cool starburst clock.

Please ignore the plastic still on the lampshade (sheesh, Mom!).

Just saying hello... I'm going out the door to go swim, and Charlie is hunting today.

We don't have any company coming until Tuesday, so we have an 'open agenda' for the weekend.

I'll write more later - I promise!

TTFN!

I'm back - and in between I upgraded to the new blogger - pain in the *&^%$ process but at least now I can get into my account!

For a little while you couldn't even GET to my blog - sheesh.

I got a few more Christmas cards today. Thanks to everyone who has sent us cards - I sent out very few this year, apologies!

One card said 'Keep blogging - I love it!' - that makes me very happy. :)

Confession: I wore my swimsuit to the gym as I went to swim today. I took a shower at the health club, and got dressed - kind of. I hadn't brought any 'foundation garments' with me. &^%$#

What is UP with my HEAD? Does Christmas induce Alzheimers? I need an emergency clothing kit in my car - how pathetic is that? At least I'm not wearing my clothes inside out... yet...

I had to keep my coat buttoned on the way home, but it still didn't stop me from making a run to the grocery store for a few hundred more items...

Newsflash - I am cooking my turkey RIGHT NOW. Why the heck not? Whew, we really live on the edge, don't we?

That way we can enjoy it all weekend while I'm off, Christmas dinner will be a breeze, and I can use the bones for a big pot of stock and make lots more good stuff when our company arrives.

TTFN #II. Merry almost Christmas!

Comments:
I LOVE that picture!!!! Thought I'd share a nice recipe with all of your blog viewers...(or the LUCKY ones who comment anyway) hehe:
Christmas Cookie Recipe...

1 cup of water
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup of brown sugar
1 essence of lemon
4 large eggs
1 cup nuts
2 cups of dried fruit
1 bottle Jose Cuervo Tequilla

Sample the Cuervo to check quality.Take a large bowl, check the Cuervo again, to be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink.

Turn on the electric mixer...Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl.

Add one teaspoon of sugar...Beat again. At this point it's best to make sure the Cuervo is still OK, but, try another cup ... just in case.

Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit, Pick the frigging fruit off floor... Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers just pry it loose with
a drewscriver. Sample the Cuervo to
check for tonsisticity.

Next, sift two cups of salt, or
something. Who giveshz a sheet. Check the Jose Cuervo. Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven.

Turn the cake tin 360 degrees
and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the window, finish the Cose Juervo and make sure to put the stove in the dishwasher.

CHERRY MISTMAS

LOVE YOU!
 
Pass the tequila please! No, better not. Well, I bought some 'egg nog ice cream sandwiches' - not the best use for egg nog, trust me... xxxx
 
That's one of my favorite pictures too! Gil and I just finished watching The Sound of Music--a nice, warm, homey story! Merry Christmas everyone! Karen, you're the best blogger! Oh, did you teach your daughter that teguilla recipe?
 
I just watched the Sound of Music too! Tony fell asleep...he's NEVER watched any of the movies we saw every year growing up! Poor deprived child...Hehe! I found ANOTHER egg nog use...they have a pre-mixed Rum drink called Southern Egg Nog that a friend bought for a small party tonight..YUMMY stuff, and DANGEROUS! (Esp for the non-drinkers like me...not used to that stuff! Haha!) Look for it if you like egg nog and want a kick for the holidays! Try it with the cookies...LOL!
xoxoxoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?