Thursday, December 14, 2006

 

Day 297 - (or Day 2 of reserved parking space)

Greetings, Bloggy Sleepyheads!

This morning was a three-alarm morning, meaning I could have used three annoying blasts from the morning-persecution-machine to get up!

Alas, we only have TWO alarms on the alarm clock. They beep using two different tones and decibel levels. They are set 10 minutes apart for just the right morning JOLT.

Moving right along... My first day of reserved parking space bliss was wonderful. I was so excited when I got to work I couldn't be quiet for a little while. (Big Surprise, Karen)

Whenever I went outdoors to walk (it was a picture perfect and warm day), I would check out how lovely my Honda-CRV-4-Door-Color-White looked in that spot. Mmmmm, tasty. Now I realize that I need to go to the car wash and get the car sparkling inside and out, so it will look even better in that spot. Yes, I still have fried chicken crumbs on my floor mats from a month ago.

Speaking of parking spaces, I witnessed something pretty funny last night while I was sitting in a parking space at a little strip mall.

A woman came over to the car on the right side of me, opened the door, and started to load her baby carrier into the back seat. She stopped, removed the baby and carrier, walked around my car to the vehicle on the other side of me, and proceeded to open that car door and load the baby into THAT car!

I started laughing, rolled down my window and said 'Did you just get into the wrong car?' She nodded yes, and said that when she didn't see all the JUNK in the first one she knew it was the wrong vehicle! They were both silver. I don't care who you are, that right there's funny...

My getting ready for Christmas checklist is looking pretty darn bleak:

Good grief, Karen. Whassup with that? Get it in gear, girl!

Well, I got ready for Early Christmas on time, wasn't that enough? TTFN!

Comments:
Yes, Karen, we're all in the same boat. After gearing up for "Early Christmas" it takes awhile to unwind, then gear up all over again! Hey, Heather and Tony loved their chicken pie! And I stared spending the money you gave me--a nice top to go with the red skirt and jacket I bought for the Oct wedding in Rehoboth, in case I want to wear it without the jacket, and yesterday used the Visa card from Heather and Tony for 2 pr of slacks, and a billfold (my old one no longer zips.) We did get our Christmas tree this morning (fresh from the sod) $30., and the owner gives $5. to the local Veteran's Home. Don't forget to enjoy the season!
 
What a great story!!! Tony & I were both rolling in tears from that one!!! that's something I would do...get into the wrong car!!!!
Have a great weekend! My Xmas Party is tomorrow!! YAYYYYYYYY!
xoxoxoxo
 
Have a great weekend and a fun party! Our office celebration is next week. xxx-ooo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?