Wednesday, December 13, 2006

 

Day 296 - (or Day 1 of Reserved Parking Space)

Greetings, Bloggy Space-shots! Parking Space-shots, that is...

I walked into the 'home office' room just now.

I was still logged into Blogger and still had a half empty cup of coffee on the computer desk. Oops.

Must have gotten 'distraculated' - yes, I made that word up. I can, because it's my blog.

Yesterday's Cobbler-Bribe was hugely successful. I noticed there was very little 'sharing' of it going on.

A lady from the group across the hallway inquired what the occasion was. I told her and she congratulated me on a bribe well-done, while remarking that as a fellow woman, she knew there was a REASON for all that work... ;-)

The result? My hope was that I'd get a 'usage allotment' for Christmas week. I received the parking space for the REMAINDER OF DECEMBER! Oh, gee, do I deserve so many days? Should I feel guilty? Nah...

Now we'll see if my fellow coworkers are jealous or not. I am happy to share, providing the incentive is right...

Another story from work - my manager told me of her fabulous, fresh Christmas tree this year. It cost $80, but she paid $40 for it. The reason she paid $40 for it was her neighbor had bought it, discovered some allergy to it, and had to either throw it out or resell it for whatever they could get. Not a bad find if you ask Ms. Cheap!

One more selfish comment, then I'll close. I went over to the Rec Center to swim yesterday after work (I had come in early so I left at 4:30). I am still trying to recover from my eating expedition this past weekend.

I was SHOCKED to see that it was almost deserted! Only a handful of people swimming, and a small water aerobics class that starts at 5:30. I inquired, and the swim teams have gone to another location, leaving the pool for little old ME ME ME.

I am definitely going to go there again on a weekday! TTFN!

Comments:
Yay!!! You get the pool all for you! I REALLY need to join someplace..I get jealous reading all your pool blogs...Glad your yummy cobbler was a hit!! Almost Friday again! We have our company Xmas party this friday...it's only a lunch, but they weren't going to do anything at all, so I'll take it!!!! Half a work day and we still get paid for the whole day, plus free food! Not bad...
LOVE YOU!!!!
 
I highly recommend finding a place to swim that you LIKE and where the water is warm! It is wonderful exercise and I don't get tired of it! Love you and miss you! xxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?