Monday, December 11, 2006

 

Day 294 - The 'Born' Identity - Meaning Birthday

Greetings, all of you out there who were ever born! (or borned as I have heard it fractured).

Happy Birthday to my brother Dave (pictured), and Happy Birthday to my niece Mary-Amelia.

Now you're famous because you've been named on 'da blog'.

David's expression in this photo is - 'I'm being polite about this but I wish you'd disappear so I can put my hand in the fish tank at Grandmas house'.

At the back of the photo is desk with an old black rotary dial phone that had a METAL dial, before the dumb old PLASTIC ones came out. I remember that phone! I did like when phones came out with lighted dials (she admits).

So - does anyone know why one end of the fish tank would be covered with tin foil? To hold the heat in? To make a reflection so the fish wouldn't bump into the glass? Curiousity killed the blog.

Oh - I forgot to say that I am back in Nashville again! I had a nice day of visiting yesterday - after I had eggs and leftover spanakopita for breakfast - and even a few more presents like a brand new backup pool noodle (the same color as my old noodle) in case I lose the old one.

My son took me to the airport, and my flights were uneventful except for a stupid gate change in Philadelphia. My flight was supposed to stop and not change. After everyone was off the plane, including some of the through passengers who had deplaned to get something to eat and stretch their legs (leaving their belongings on the plane), they announced the gate change. Not only was it a different gate, it was in a different concourse, so I had to hustle along to get from the end of the C concourse to the end of the B concourse. Grumble grumble grumble.

Very quickly, this is what the airport restrictions are like at the moment.

You put your cosmetics and any small liquids like soap and shampoo in an 8x8 ziploc bag. You put the ziploc bag in one of the scan bins, not in your purse. You don't wrap presents - I brought a supply of tissue paper, felt stockings and gift bags to place items in after I arrived.

Items like my jam I placed in plastic containers with bubble wrap and peanuts, and they looked at all of those. After you are through security you can buy water and drinks and take them on the plane, you don't have to throw them out when you change planes.

That's it for now! I had a great weekend, and now it's back to work. Again, Happy Birthday if you are one of the lucky ones who 'got borned'. ;-)

Comments:
spanakopita - Isn't there an organization to help people with that? Some celebrity must host a telethon, too.
 
Yes, Happy Birthday to David! What a cute picture! Wonderful "Early Christmas" with you, Karen! You look super slim, even after 2 days of spanakopita! Charlie's comment is funny. At least we'll all know how to spell it! And thanks for all of your gifts!
 
Happy Bday to the famous ones mentioned on your blog...haha! Miss you already! xoxoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?