Sunday, December 10, 2006

 

Day 293 - Turkey Coma #2

Greetings, Blogregation! What a great weekend I'm having, and it's not over yet!

Yesterday was our 'early Christmas' family gathering - complete with kids, son-in-law, nephews, sisters, brother-in-law, mother, step-dad, and an aunt and an uncle. Heather and I loaded her car to the brim with presents, homemade jam (which thankfully didn't get broken on the plane up here), and I had a box on my lap containing the prime rib, hot from the oven.

My sister outdid herself in the kitchen!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! The food was UNBELIEVABLE - my contribution was the prime rib.

The company and 'family time' was even better than food or presents, but when you put them all together it was just spectacular.

Here is a partial listing of what we ate, just because I won't remember everything!

Heaven help me digest!

We exchanged gifts - and there were gifts and cards for everyone present, noone was left out. I'll tell you more about my gifts as time goes on...

It was a great day. We went to sleep just before midnight (again)!

I'm still at my sisters right now, but will return to my daughters house for more socializing and a visit from my friend CD who I haven't seen since summer.

You all have a great day - I'll be heading back to Nashville tonight with my suitcases refilled with presents for me and for Charlie! TTFN!


Comments:
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! We don't want you to leave, EVER!!!! Charlie can just come here to live too...Okay??
We have been having such a nice time, hate to see it end so quickly! Thank you for all of our gifts..you do way too much every year!!
LOVE YOU!!!
 
It's 9:17 pm, I haven't had my dinner yet, and of course I'm STARVING after reading da blog --and teary-eyed because I would have loved so much to be with you all for "early Christmas."

Charlie leave the South? No way. duck out of water.
 
Yum! I'd love to have the recipe for candied turnip. "never heered of sech".........ha!

Miss You!

Ronie
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?