Saturday, December 09, 2006

 

Day 292 - Early Christmas is HERE!

Greetings, Bloggy Santas-in-Waiting! Early Christmas has arrived!

I'm blogging from my daughter and son-in-law's house (a kitten just nudged my foot so I know I'm in the 'land o pets'). I had a nice day and a nice journey to New England yesterday...

(fade out and turn back time to yesterday)

Poor Charlie didn't get a lunch yesterday so I could hit the road early, before he left for work. My commute to Nashville was great - traffic wasn't bad, no delays.

I was in the pool at 7:30am with a free cup of Starbucks coffee in hand, and noone else in the pool. I had a very leisurely and non-intensive one and one half hour swim (actually one hour and thirty five minutes), which was DELICIOUS and DECADENT. The last half hour, I had company. I saw a few of the senior citizens I used to chat with, back when I was unemployed. We talked about the usual things - where their arthritis was bothering them, travelling, the holidays, and cookie swaps.

From there - I went to Kmart for some last minute items - some stickers and a marker to write 'FRAGILE' on my luggage, AND I bought myself a tacky-but-fun sequined hat that I was brave enough to wear all the way to Rhode Island. Hey - things like that make me grin ALL DAY.

The park-and-fly place transported me and my luggage quickly and courteously to the airport. Baggage inspectors looked at ALL my containers of jam, swabbing them for evil contaminants. They also had a good laugh over some oriental wood-ear mushroom slices I had in there for my daughter to make mooshi pork with. (The package says 'Tasty Joy Dried Fungus' - YUM-O!) My flights were mostly on time (I arrived in Providence 20 mins late), I had window seats all the way, and nobody sitting next to me who was loud, strange, or appeared contagious. :-)

Heather was waiting for me at the airport, and we went to the local pizza place and got hot italian grinders (heated in the pizza oven) to take home for supper. They were GREAT. My son arrived later in the evening with a pizza from the same pizza place, and also bought himself an Italian grinder for later. ;-)

Near midnight, I was done with my Christmas sorting, wrapping and packaging, and fell into bed! A little later this morning we'll get the prime rib into the oven, then head out to my sister and brother-in-laws for the big dinner and festivities! Whew!

So have a nice day, even if it might not be as fun as mine! TTFN!

Comments:
And here I am reading the blog that was written from the very chair I am sitting in! ;)
Almost time to go EAT EAT EAT!!!
 
No spam on here, please....disgusting.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?