Thursday, December 07, 2006

 

Day 290 - Thursday and Survivor Night!

Greetings, Weekend Wanna-be's!

It's Thursday so we only have to wait one more day for the weekend to be here! Goody!

Isn't this the prettiest tree decoration? The whole beautiful tree and all of its branches covered in lights. I love trees.

It makes me laugh out loud when people have a huge tree and throw ONE strand of lights into it like a lopsided lasso, in the dark it just looks like a mistake rather than a decoration.

Ok, little things like that BOTHER me, but I try not to say anything about it... My son has inherited this characteristic, because he told me it bugs him that his automobile inspection sticker was put on crooked by the mechanic, and now he has to LOOK at it EVERY DAY.

Moving right along before Doctor Bloggy comes after me.

Yesterday I forgot to say that in OUR family, if Santa thought you were bad all year you wouldn't get COAL in your stocking, you would get STICKS in your stocking. Was that because coal is too expensive? I am actually old enough to know what coal looks like, it looks like a rock and it's black and shiny like a black widow spider...

I found an article that looks at the use of coal in stockings - kind of funny... Reprinted without permission from 'The Onion'.

CHICAGO—With winter's onset driving the demand for surface coal to record-high levels, the mineral's cost is now beyond the reach of low- and middle-income Americans who wish to punish their naughty children. "Coal in one's stocking is meant to serve as an admonishment or warning, not as a dependable grade-B investment," said William Menchell, a commodities adviser for T. Rowe Price. "In today's market, children should only have their stockings stuffed with lumps of coal if they have been studious and obedient, and show an interest in long-term investments in the energy sector." For more affordable punitive options, analysts point to the relatively stagnant switch market, which could soon go the way of coal if demand increases for combustible wooden sticks.

Well, lah-dee-dah - so sticks (or switches as they might be called) are the poor man's coal. Fine then, just fine...

Gotta go for now - I leave tomorrow for New England, but will try to say 'Good Morning' to the blog tomorrow before I leave. TTFN!

Comments:
"whole beautiful tree and all of it's braches" - OK, I'll give you the misspelled "branches", but using "it's" instead of "its" is just too much coming from the editor lady :)
 
LMAO @ Joe!! Hahahaha! He gotcha Mamma!!!
Hey, I'M old enough to know what coal looks like too!!! Dammit! ;)
That tree was beautiful!!!
xoxoxoxo
 
You talked about you & Evan with crooked inspection stickers -- one of my pet peeves is it's instead of its. You would be amazed how often it's is used incorrectly.

I always threatened Eric with coal but didn't have the heart to use it.
 
Hey - you have caught me TWICE in 290 days of blogging. That means 'bite me'. ;-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?