Tuesday, December 05, 2006

 

Day 288 - It's Tuesday, How Many More Shopping Days Till Christmas?

Greetings, Double-Troublers! It's Twofer-Tuesday! Do something twice today (your choice).

I have picked up a few gifts this past week, and I'm ready for my 'early Christmas' trip to New England to see the family and exchange gifts. That is a relief, because I leave this Friday!

I am still less-than-motivated about all the other Christmas preparations. I need to listen to my Christmas tapes and get in the Christmas frame of mind!

It's the first week in December, I haven't done my Christmas cards, I have shopping and decorating left to do, and haven't bought and put up a tree yet. I have lots of Christmas 'stuff' put away that needs to be taken out. Oops.

Aw so what - if I'm ready by December 25th, that will work, right?

And of course, when I start looking around the house for the Christmas stuff I find Halloween and Thanksgiving/Harvest items that I could have taken out and used if I had remembered where they were! Oops.

Seventeen degrees again this morning - bloody well cold.

I saw a car decorated like Rudolph yesterday in the parking lot at work.

It had a big red plush nose on the front grill, and two plush, rather Bullwinkle-style antlers on each side. Way cute. I wonder who owns it - I'd like to see WHO has the motivation to drive around that way.

One more quick work story, and I'll close for today...

Someone I work with stopped by my cubicle yesterday, eating his lunch. His lunch was the giant sized Symphony chocolate bar - you know, the ones that are 5x7 or bigger.

I teased him about eating candy for his lunch, and then offered him a choice from my leftover-Halloween-candy bucket. He waved his chocolate bar at me like 'Well, I'm already eating chocolate'.

I said 'But what will you have for dessert'? This is for dessert! That was a horse of a different color I guess, as he took a Baby Ruth back with him for his dessert!

TTFN!

Comments:
"Early Christmas" is the only thing on my mind--can't wait to see you! I've been missing "da blog" for a few days so hence no comments. Love that cat, Heather!
 
Thanks!
Just about finished with my shopping too!! Finally....can't wait to see everyone!!!
xoxoxo
 
Don't you wish you were eating that huge candy bar? I sure do!

I'd be in big trouble if I had to be ready for a Dec. 9th Christmas!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?