Sunday, December 03, 2006

 

Day 286 - Mediterranean Chicken

Greetings, Blogregation! It's Sunday!

Are you looking for a wonderful, different and healthy recipe that is great for company, looks sensational, tastes even better, AND COOKS FAST AND EASY?

Charlie and I had dinner at our friends house (T&S) last night, and BOY was it ever DELICIOUS! We were treated like royalty. Thanks, T&S!

Beside scrumptious appetizers, our entree was the most wonderful Mediterranean Chicken - boneless chicken layered with spinach, onions, feta cheese, Kalamata olives and sun-dried tomato, which is then cooked at 500 degrees in aluminum foil packets.

Cooking the packets at such a high temperature creates steam inside which makes it moist and delicious. Of course, if I turn MY oven to 500 I bet it will SMOKE. :)

They saw the recipe on Emerils show, and I looked it up just now so I wouldn't have to type it!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_17593,00.html

If you use the Food Network recipe, increase the cooking time to 20-22 minutes, 12 minutes isn't long enough if the chicken breasts aren't super-thin.

I love anything with spinach and feta cheese, the olives and sun dried tomatoes give it a great flavor, it is moist and YUMMY and I will definitely make this sometime!

Ah well, I have to stop talking about food and go swim to burn off some of the appetizers! TTFN!

Comments:
That sounds really yummy! Will have to give it a try!!! xoxoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?