Thursday, November 30, 2006

 

Day 283 - Help! My Turkey is Running Low!

Greetings, Bloggy Leftover-Eaters!

By the way - it's Survivor Night! But I'm not here to talk about PIZZA (although that is a lovely subject).

I just finished making lunches: leftover-turkey sandwiches for Charlie and I.

Then I noticed the leftover-turkey stash is ALMOST GONE! Panic! Panic! There's only a little left in the tupperware container, and just a little turkey in a ziploc bag in the freezer.

I shouldn't complain - we had enough turkey for:

Thanksgiving dinner pigout.
Friday night turkey soup (enough for us and for company).
Saturday turkey sandwiches.
Sunday afternoon turkey soup (enough for us and for company).
Sandwiches all week.
Tuesday night shrimp and turkey stir-fry.
My supper last night - a healthy (not!) dinner of mac 'n cheese, turkey and gravy, and fritos scoops! Gee, maw, you didn't eat your vegetables!

So what are we going to eat till Christmas?

Evil Bloggyman: Let me guess - anything ELSE in the FOOD family but turkey, dumb-butt! Yes, thank you E.B.

Dream patrol update: I can't remember what I dreamed last night. That's a blessing!

Spider update: They are definitely after me. I swatted another one last night that was ON MY FAVORITE BLANKIE (you know the throws you put on your lap when watching tv). I must have gotten them all stirred up when I cleaned the house for company this past week. Time to get out my magical vacuum-of-death-attachment-wand and search-and-destroy spiders (a happy thought). Sorry, PETA.

Gotta go, folks! Today it's going to rain, and be our last above-normal-warm-day. Tomorrow's high - in the 40's. TTFN!

Comments:
Hi Tiff, some folks have roast beef or ham, but a lot of people have turkey again! I usually do ham and turkey. The Italians also have a big seafood feast at Christmas Eve. I think I'll make another turkey since this one came out so YUMMY, but I'll have prime rib and turkey when I go home for early Christmas.
 
Spiders are a warning not to do too much cleaning. We don't have bugs, snakes, insects in SF, too cool.

Re Christmas -- for several years I cooked a goose (or had my goose cooked not sure which). Yummy and not greasy (about half of it is grease but cooks off). Another fave is prime rib and yorkshire pudding, other dishes I made in my former life.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?