Sunday, November 26, 2006

 

Day 279 - Thanksgiving Weekend Comes to a Close

Greetings, Blogregation!

Do you feel just a little sad that Thanksgiving weekend is just about over? I do!

I went to swim this morning early - I was IN THE POOL just before 7am, which is saying something considering I have to drive FORTY MILES to GET to the pool. It was heavenly, I had the pool to myself for the first 45 minutes of my swim.

The place where I swim is already bedecked with Christmas decorations - the electric lightpoles are even decorated like giant candy canes. Makes me smile when I drive up!

I was ALSO there early enough to enjoy the free Starbucks coffee with all the half and half and sweet n low I wanted to add to it. YUM-O!

On the way to swim, I saw the perfect photo opportunity to capture (symbolically) the 'End of Thanksgiving', but it was a bit too dark and I would have had to take it with my cell phone.

Picture this...

A somewhat dark, lonely road. Thanksgiving is over, most of the company is gone...

Very few folks are awake yet, but here in the road - what is this?

A loaf of bread? Aw, a loaf of bread in the road!

A lonely little loaf of bread that missed Thanksgiving, lost in the world, discarded in the road, and surely won't survive to enjoy next year's feast! Poor little loaf of bread... (are you weeping yet?)

OMIGOSH! Can you believe I searched Google for 'loaf of bread in road' and found one?? Poor little loaf of bread, this has happened before to other innocent and yeasty victims!

Evil Bloggyman: Stop feeling sorry for inanimate objects, you Blockhead! Oh, OK, sorry E.B.

You know I love bread, and that is SO sad! I guess I would have felt worse if it had been a better brand. ;-)

Ok, I'm going to leave you now and let you ponder whether I really felt sorry for the loaf of bread (yes I did), and whether YOU would if it had been you!

We have company coming for lunch - homemade turkey soup, a double batch of cornbread, and apple crisp with butter pecan ice cream for dessert. Or NOTHING, if I don't go make it!

TTFN, and don't let your bread jump out of the window, use the seat belt if you have to!





Comments:
The bread was left out of the Thanksgiving party--and I hope it didn't get squashed in the road!

Re Karen's mom and the slacks -- I love that. I always wear slacks with an elastic band at Thanksgiving.

Our Turducken was great. Very moist because of the duck.
 
Awwwwwww, sad sad blog...end of the weekend, lonley bread, just so sad!!
Have a nice week Mamma!!! xoxox
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?