Wednesday, November 22, 2006

 

Day 275 - Twas the Night Before Turk-age

Greetings, Bloggy Poets! Yes, that's right, I'm gonna do it...

Twas the night before Turk-age,
And all through the house,
Not a creature was stirring,
Not even the-mouse-that-appeared-this-summer-never-to-be-seen-again.

The Roaster was hung
By the chimney with care,
In hopes that a Gobbler
soon would be (in) there.

The children were nestled
All snug in their beds,
While visions of cranberry sauce
Danced in their heads.

And Mamma in her kerchief,
And I in my cap,
Had just done the shopping
And all of that crap.

When out on the lawn
there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my bed
to see what was the matter.

Away to the window
I flew like a flash,
Tore open the shutters
and threw up the sash.

The moon shining down
on the unraked-up leaves
made me want to go do that
as I rolled up my sleeves.

When, catching a movement
with a rush and a jolt,
Strolled a big mama turkey,
and eight tiny poults.

(Fill in the rest yourself)

Ok, ok - did you really think I have time in the morning before WORK to do more than that? Come ON. I have a LIFE you know...

By the way, my cobbler was a huge hit at work yesterday, there were NO leftovers.

One guy came by at the end of the day and offered to carry my dish back to the car for me until he heard there wasn't any left, and then he lost interest! Charlie says that's a total guy tactic, he was hoping for more cobbler!

Aunt Nancy wants the menu for tomorrow, I'll type it in and that'll be IT for today.

Appetizers -
Cheddar cheese, Hickory Farms smoked sausage, Triscuits, chips and salsa.

Roast Turkey (I think it's around 16 pounds)
Bread stuffing (vs. cornbread) with celery and onions
Gravy
Brown and serve rolls
Baked sweet potatoes with cinnamon sugar

Green peas with butter sauce
Pearl onions with cream
Roasted carrots and parsnips with olive oil and seasonings
Edy's butter pecan ice cream

We have company coming Friday and Sunday, so I've got more menus to plan! TTFN and Happy Happy Happy Thanksgiving! I certainly have lots to be thankful for!

Comments:
Love that poem! Happy Thanksgiving!
 
Love that menu - YUM--and I'm a great fan of sausage & cheese appetizers.

Have a great day tomorrow and the weekend, and yes we all have a lot to be thankful for.
 
Your poem was great!!!! Sounds like yummy stuff at your house! I just finished up my 2nd cheesecake, and a big container of green beans with sauted onions, bacon, garlic and LOTSA butter! YUM! That's all I'm making...I'll go over early tomorrow and help Tony's Mother w/ the dinner!!
Time for bed...FINALLY! xoxoxo
Have a wonderful day Mamma! We love you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?