Tuesday, November 21, 2006

 

Day 274 - The Day Before the Day Before Turk-age

Greetings, Bloggy Two-fers!

It's Tuesday, and there's another potluck dinner at my work today. Oh, joy. More food.

This is another turkey, dressing and ham event.

I have already gotten up, had a shower, and put a peach cobbler in the oven to bake while I drink coffee and write 'da blog'.

All four of us ordered catfish last night at our weekly outing at Cracker Barrel. Yes, I got the baked potato and so did Charlie. He ate all the inside and I ate all the outside. (My mother could have told you that, I like the crispy baked potato skin).

Will we get sick of turkey and ham before the holidays are over? I dunno, I doubt it!

I could go for one of my mother's macaroni and cheese casseroles with little breadcrumbs soaked in butter sprinkled on the top, and a big slab of ham seared with cinnamon sugar. YUM-O!

(Oh my, did I say SLAB of ham? How uncouth. Evil Bloggyman giggles.)

We had a knock on the door last night near 10pm - a lady had a flat tire outside. She made a phone call and went to wait in the car for her husband. Good thing her car was warm. It was TWENTY-TWO degrees when we got up this morning - it has been an exceptionally cold fall here. I may wear my winter coat to work today instead of my 'fall' coat.

Aunt Nancy - thanks for the newspaper clippings, I'll write a blog about them sometime soon!

We got a postcard in the mail yesterday from a company called 'Brite Ideas' - they design, install, take down, and STORE your holiday light display for your house! Imagine that!? The card says 'Don't wait too long, Santa's coming!'

Well, I thought Santa wanted cookies and carrots, not Christmas lights! Maybe I'm wrong... ;-)

Gotta go keep an eye on that cobbler! TTFN and have a great Tuesday!

Comments:
Karen, I can't believe you said that about macaroni and cheese because that's what I made yesterday to take to the pot luck supper at the W Paris Historical Society mtg. And Gil asked "What is that?" when I crumbled up a piece of bread into a couple tablespoons of melted butter for the topping. Must be mental telepathy! Or the time of year. Tomorrow we go on our little overnight trip to the Blackberry Inn, Camden, Maine (Bette Davis room with a gas fireplace), then turkey day is at a nearby restaurant on Rt 1. Neither of us have done anything like this for Thanksgiving! Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Oh, 16 degrees this morning. 22 for you is very unusual. Winter's on its way. Brr!
 
Hope you all aren't too chilly, it's 60 here.

I am surprised to see that Survivor is on Turkey Day (or for me, Turducken) and not a re-run. Thank heavens for VCRs.

When are we getting Karen's menu?
 
Happy Almost Turkey Day!!! It was cold and icy here this morning too...didn't get an exact temp like the rest of you though...
Doing some baking after work tomorrow!! Such fun! Yay food!!! Haha!
xoxoxoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?