Sunday, November 19, 2006

 

Day 272 - A Busy Morning Already

Greetings, Blogregation!

You are looking at the handcrafted Christmas wreath I bought yesterday for the mere price of $10. Oh, YES.

We've had a busy morning around here - the neighbor's cattle (plus one sheep) came to visit our barn lot and help themselves to whatever is growing - grass, leftover garden stuff, etc.

Charlie ran them off around 7am and they are back in the back lot (the outback) right now.

We also had ANOTHER visitor today - we had a bird get into the house and set up camp in one of my fake ficus trees in the Den. Confession: I wonder why it would even go there, it's so dusty. ;-)

This morning, we opened the patio door and shooed it back outside. It was more than happy to leave.

I can just hear it now telling the other birds 'Sheesh, that house was SO dusty, I'm glad to be back outside! Don't even bother visiting that house'.

OK - I am about to go swim but I will put a few pictures up from the craft fair for you 'cause I promised.

The photo above is a set of HAND-TURNED wooden canisters with lids made by a retiree who 'loves to work with wood' and doesn't charge much for his stuff! The whole set was $50, and he could easily have charged that for each one. I haven't thought of putting anything IN them, right now they are on top of the fridge just to LOOK at. They smell wonderful when you take the lids off - I love the smell of wood.

There are several items I CAN'T show you because they are gifts for people who read the blog - duh!

This is a vintage magazine rack that has been restored, repainted, with a hand painted design on each end in Harvest motif. $35. (Inside the magazine rack are two gifts I can't show you)

And last but not least, (of my photos anyway), are two little holiday tiles that stand on their own and have little clothespin backs so you can clip on a gift card, a recipe, a note, or a photo. They are absolutely adorable. $3.25 each.


Well gang, I have GOT to go swim. I missed my swim yesterday because I shopped so much - I was busy from 7:30am until after 5pm. THAT is a long day.

By the way - I bought my turkey, almost everything I need for Thanksgiving dinner, (I have to go to a different store for frozen pearl onions), so I am doing just fine. TTFN and have a great Sunday!

Short week this week for Thanksgiving!

(Hey, is Survivor going to be on Thanksgiving night???)

Comments:
Prob'ly a no on your survivor...sorry!! But you'll be eating Turkey and not pizza anyway, so it's alright!!
Have a great day! LOOOOVE your new stuff, esp. those wooden containers..pretty!!!
 
Refering to yesterday's comments, I guess that makes me the mother of a nut-case, and grandmother of a nut-case. Hmmmm, I wonder if it's in the genes! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
 
After all - nuts are good for you! xxx-ooo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?