Thursday, November 16, 2006

 

Day 269 - Countdown to 'T-Day' - One Week Left!

OMIGOSH, Bloggy Readers - there's only ONE WEEK till Thanksgiving!

Shopping done for Thanksgiving dinner? Nope.
Turkey bought and defrosting? Nope.
Items for the TWO potluck dinners at work purchased? Nope.
House clean and ready for company? Nope.
Oven clean? Nope.
Coffee maker clean? Nope.
Huge pile of mail on the kitchen table sorted? Nope.

Christmas shopping done? Get REAL.

Well gee whiz, guess I'm just a poor unprepared slob this year! (Evil Bloggyman nods happily)

I KNOW I'm not alone. Somehow it'll all get done, I just don't really know WHEN.

Last night we had storms which resulted in a power outage for several hours. I lit 3 jar candles, but since all my candles are scented ones, it was dark AND the house smelled funny with the odd mixture of fragrances. :-)

I woke up in the night around 1am and immediately noticed there were lights on in various rooms. I got up and turned them off and jumped back into the sack.

Germ update - there's some froggy throat, laryngitis illness sweeping work at the moment - the 'guy-who-sits-behind-me' has it (he was home sick yesterday) and HE TOUCHED MY CANDY JAR the day before and got germs all over it.

I drew a skull and crossbones on a post-it note and stuck it on the jar to warn others it is contaminated.

A lady came by to get a Tootsie roll pop (yes, my leftover Halloween candy). I warned her about the germs. She guffawed and said - 'I'm not afraid of GERMS, I've got KIDs at home!'

Another guy came to get pretzels (yes, my leftover Halloween pretzels) and said basically the same thing, except to call children 'God's little petrie dishes'. Hysterical!

Well gang, this is getting long. Don't forget that it's Survivor Night! Pizza rules when you're not eating turkey!

Start your engines and get ready for Thanksgiving!

Roll sound clip from the kiddie Cinderella record we used to have...
Wash the dishes, scrub the floor, see who's knocking at the door. Where's my dress? Brush my hair! Gee, I can't be everywhere! Cinderella, Cinderella! I'm coming...

TTFN!

Comments:
I haven't done any food shopping either!!! We're slackers....haha!! I'm so glad it's almost Friday...this has been a loooong week!
Have a great weekend Mamma!
xoxoxoxo
 
So Karen:

Your fans want to know if and what you are cooking on Thanksgiving and how many people will be joining you on that happy day.
 
Hmmmmmmmm, your children would like to know as well!! ;)
 
Yes I'm cooking, for a huge crowd of two - me and Charlie! ;-) Menu later next week.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?