Tuesday, November 14, 2006

 

Day 267 - I Can See! I Can See!

Greetings, Bloggy Optometrists! Or car mechanics...

My headlight is fixed, and I got to work on time to boot. I got to the dealership so early that the technician who writes up repair orders fixed my light, the cashier wasn't in yet, and the guy at the parts department gave me a good price on the bulb as well. I paid cash.

So my total repair bill was... $8.

Well worth it, and I had time to go get an extra large non fat cappuccino on my way to work.

Earth shaking news from our weekly visit to Cracker Barrel last night - I ordered their baked potato for the first time. I had never really noticed they HAD baked potatoes. They charge a dollar extra for one, but I thought it was worth it and I ate every bit of it including the skin.

A little high on the sodium scale because they salt the outside before they bake it - I've heard that makes them fluffier on the inside and I think it's true. Anyway, I liked it. I had grilled catfish, Charlie had roast beef, and our friends both had grilled spicy catfish.

Speaking of FOOD (so what else is new), there is a departmental potluck lunch at work on Friday, and we have another one planned just for our group next Tuesday. I'd kind of like to skip the group one on Friday and not start pigging out for the holidays just yet. I haven't psyched myself up for holiday feasting yet.

By the way - has anyone ever seen low-calorie cranberry sauce? Yes, I know I can make my own, but I'd rather just BUY it and not have a whole pound of it sitting around.

Hey family - I am running late on my Thanksgiving cards, I haven't bought any or mailed any yet! Hang in there, I'll get to it!

Phil, Tiff, Joe - yes I enjoyed my phone call from the UK last Friday, it made my day! I surely miss everyone there and ALSO miss having DUCK at all the lovely restaurants in England. I did order duck this summer in Newport, so I haven't completely gone into withdrawal.

Heather - my very FAVORITE Christmas craft fair is this coming weekend, so I'll take pictures of all my 'finds' of the past 2 weekends and make a blog out of it. Also (Heather), there's a package on the way to you from Amazon.com. Please hold it for me till I'm there for early-Christmas!

Mom - have fun at the craft fair in Maine this weekend, I wish I was going with you! Feel free to get me something! ;-)

Well, that's most of the news of the day. TTFN and have a nice Tuesday!

Comments:
Karen, I couldn't imagine what you were going to say about that huge baked potato! You're too much! (or the potato's too much, or something!) Yes, I'll find you something from the craft fair. Heather, I'm trying to figure out how to give you chicken pie for Christmas!
 
Hi Mamma!!! I'll be looking for the package...hope it's not food or it won't be here by xmas...haha! Grammy, You don't REALLY have to give me a chicken pie for xmas...maybe you want to MAKE one for early xmas instead??? I miss your chicken pie...
Hugs!
xoxo
 
There you go again -- it's 5:16 and the baked potato (and catfish which I love!) are making my stomach growl. I am now forced to eat the free See's molasses mints I got when I bought molasses mints and mini chocolate bars to send to Will.
 
Heather, it might end up be 2 packages if they aren't shipped at the same time.

Mom - make a chicken pie and freeze it, bring it frozen for early Christmas and we'll reheat it.

Nancy - get some sourdough bread!
 
Wednesday - in case anyone is watching for this morning's blog, Blogger won't publish this morning! I'll keep trying until I have to leave for work. Grrrr...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?