Sunday, November 05, 2006

 

Day 258 - The Weekend Went Flying By - Whew!

Greetings, Blogregation! It's Sunday already, but you knew that, didn't you?

The weekend is flying by - and the laundry pile is shrinking. I need to buy a new shower curtain for one of our baths, IF it doesn't behave and undergo a complete makeover in the washing machine and turn into 'like new' again.

I've spent a little time this morning collecting the Halloween decorations around the house to put away. I should put them in an ORANGE storage bin so I can find them easily next year, but I don't have an ORANGE storage bin, so that ain't happenin'.

Oh, hang ON, gotta go get more coffee - I just looked in my cup and there is nothing in it except a speck at the bottom. What kind of motivation is THAT?

Back to my Thanksgiving planning:

My aunt and my sister make this DELICIOUS spinach/filo dough spanakopita at the holidays. It is SOOO extremely good, but very time consuming to make so we don't always have it, and it goes fast!

By the way family - when I come up there at Christmas time, don't get me presents, make spanakopita for me instead please!

So what do I do the rest of the year? Long story short, when I get a craving for spinach pie, I buy these! They are not as good as the homemade version, but they are JUST fine and I eat the whole box, which is two servings.

I bought two boxes at the grocery store yesterday - one to eat now and one to save for later... Maybe it'll make it till Thanksgiving but I doubt it. Maybe I should have bought more than two. I absolutely, positively love the spinach/feta cheese/filo dough combination.

So Nancy, should I talk about spinach and feta instead of wonton soup for a while?

I guess that's enough chatter for now - gotta go pack up those Halloween things and label them.

I am way behind on making jam - I usually have some at all times, but I am OUT, totally OUT. I need to make a batch of strawberry and a batch of 'black n blue'. I think I'll start with the strawberry, though our next door neighbor's favorite is black n blue. (Blackberry/Blueberry)

TTFN and have a nice Sunday!

Comments:
Turkey-stuffing-pumpkin pie, spinach pie! I'm going to the gym shortly but now I'm starving! I feel like flying to Nashville and eating those big breakfasts that Charlie gets to eat.

Speaking of Tennessee,I am not happy that Tennessee lost yesterday -- I "Supered" Tennessee in my college football pool (in honor of Charlie) and a lot of good that did me!
 
Hi Nancy - 'lost' isn't the word - 'got killed' might do it. Root for the Pats or the Colts! ;-)
 
Yay Pats!! They got killed though, huh?? Sorry...just backtracking on da' blog!! xoxoxo
Oh, and I don't know how to make the spinach thingie, so you're getting presents from me!! ;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?