Saturday, November 04, 2006

 

Day 257 - A-musing or two...

Greetings, Bloggy Saturday Shoppers!

The Countdown to Christmas is on! 7 weeks to go, and that is only a few paychecks!

Oh - wait a minute, there's Thanksgiving in there somewhere first. Then back to the shopping!

Aunt Nancy wants to hear more about TURKEY and STUFFING and GRAVY.

I saw the cutest Thanksgiving card ever at the coffee shop yesterday where I was getting an extra large non fat cappucino to go...

It was a cute little chipmunk with his little cheek-pouches crammed full of nuts, and half a peanut still showing in the center. Imagine the chipmunk in this picture sitting up and facing you with his little cheeks puffed up with peanuts in the shell.

You open the card and it says 'Go easy on the Stuffing! Happy Thanksgiving!' If they weren't $2.50 apiece I would have bought them all. I go to the Factory Card Outlet in Cool Springs and get lovely cards for .59 apiece. THAT is more my speed.

Evil Bloggyman, sneering: Cute, cute, cute today is it? You won't act that way on Monday, Ms. Bloggy hypocrite!

Yeah, he's right. But that's just too bad! I am in a most excellent mood today, because it's Saturday!

Charlie is off hunting this morning (muzzleloader season just started today), I'm doing some laundry and having my bloggy juice. Then I'm going to the dump, then swimming, then shopping and errands. I need to start thinking about buying my Thanksgiving turkey.

I have already started to plan my Thanksgiving menu... Here it is so far - for Nancy's benefit...

Turkey of course, slow roasted in my electric turkey roaster and timed to perfection by my 'way cool' remote control electronic temperature sensors Heather and Tony gave me. I may buy a fresh turkey, they tend to inject less salt into those. (Look for minimally processed on the wrapper).

Mashed potatoes (Charlie prefers garlic-mashed, so I'll throw some garlic in there). Peas in butter sauce. Tiny pearl onions. Cranberry sauce. Brown and serve rolls (best when stuffed with turkey). Maybe glazed baby carrots, I saw a recipe for them the other day and you put maple syrup on them!

STUFFING and GRAVY, my favorite. I like my stuffing, and it's easy! I buy Stove Top stuffing mix and doctor it up with Bells Poultry seasoning and sauteed onion and celery and broth vs. water. My mother makes 'real' stuffing (and I used to also) that you make with a hand grinder.

Dessert is a mystery - I don't know what we're going to do for dessert because we're always too full to eat it. Maybe just ice cream would work!

Maybe some glogg-spiced wine. Maybe some eggnog. Maybe some Pepcid-AC. Hmm - I'm almost out of Pepcid, I'd better get some for the holidays, shouldn't I?

Well, now I'm hungry. Gotta go toast a bagel. Bye and have a great day!

Comments:
I am glad that your years in the south have not induced to to put yams on that New England menu! And where is the squash?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?