Friday, November 03, 2006

 

Day 256 - It's FRIDAY, Thank Goodness!

Greetings, Bloggy Weekenders!

Just one workday to complete, and the weekend is here! Hooray!

March in a circle with good posture today!

Head up, shoulders back! Fri-Day! Fri-Day! Fri-Day! Fri-Day!

Yesterday was rather a disaster...

I am SO ready for the weekend.

We had issues with a database and had to lock everyone out of it for most of the day. Not good the day after 'end-of-month'.

My manager was in a meeting when it was fixed, so I had to send out the notice when it was back up, which means a lot of the managers now have MY NAME. ;-) I also had to send it to our CIO, so HE has my name too.

The nice, friendly director of our group who hired me, who took us out for breakfast at Cracker Barrel, and who lets us go home early some afternoons brought us all into a conference room to tell us that she has turned in her notice.

Drat! Our whole team is upset. We'll probably get the Evil Bloggyman or one of his relatives in her place. (Evil Bloggyman snickers happily.)

I have testing to do but couldn't do it with the database down.

I have a release to do but couldn't do it because it also affects that database.

I told a co-worker to his face (who has been avoiding me for a week) that I wasn't going to let him be 'my bottleneck'. He took it well. ;-)

*Sigh*, well I think I'll just finish up here and get at it.

What I AM going to do today is wear jeans to the office for the first time since I started working there in July. That should feel like a treat.

TTFN and enjoy your Friday and enjoy the weekend!

Comments:
I'm on the user end and it is very annoying when systems are not working. When this happens there is always a big scurry of activity in the IT dept. and they often fix things at night when they think people aren't working but I work in the evening. Can't please everyone.
 
Awww, sounds yucky!!! Hope today has been better. I'm sorry your nice manager is leaving...we've been through THREE managers in the 18 months I've been back here!!! Sucks.
Hope you have a nice weekend!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?