Wednesday, November 01, 2006

 

Day 254 - The Day After Halloween = Leftovers!

Greetings, Bloggy Midweekers!

It's Wednesday! It's November! Happy November the One-th!

Halloween is behind us and now I have all my Halloween knick-knacks to put away. *Sigh*

Hey - Candy's on clearance at all the stores! Halloween Merchandise is on clearance too, even at Cracker Barrel!

My mother reports she had 15 trick or treaters in Maine. We had TWO trick or treaters. TWO. And I didn't get to see them, I wasn't home early enough! *Sigh*.

A funny story about that...

The neighbor kids usually arrive before I get home (because it's getting dark), and Charlie didn't know if he'd be at home or not. So, we devised a plan so they'd get some candy whether we were there or not!

We left the candy bucket (AKA the plastic tub the Halloween pretzels came in - with the lid because it was sprinkling rain) on the front porch with a 'help yourself' sign on it. That WOULD have worked, but the kids couldn't get the lid off the bucket! What a dilemma!

They were turning the plastic top instead of removing the top. Thankfully Charlie was home and helped them get the top off the candy! I am laughing so hard my coffee is jiggling on the computer table.

My managers little boy was going to be spiderman - she said he'd been wearing his costume for SIX WEEKS and won't voluntarily take it off.

Guy-who-sits-behind-me's little girl was going to be Cinderella, and was all excited about it.

Now I have plenty of candy and pretzels left over to take to WORK, I am not leaving it here.

You have a safe and happy post-Halloween, and go get some of that clearance!

Time to start thinking about turkey and stuffing and gravy and cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, peas and onions, and green bean casserole, and... and... and...

TTFN!

Comments:
Get rid of that candy! I have no candy whatsoever at home, ever. Loved the thought of turkey, etc. but since I usually check the blog toward the end of the day I'm starving by the end of your blogs!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?