Tuesday, October 31, 2006

 

Day 253 - Happy Halloween!

Greetings, Bloggy Dress-Up Artists!

It's time to 'Frick or Freat'!

(that is what a little kid with a speech impediment might say).

Maybe you don't NEED a costume - maybe you have a built-in costume if you REMOVE clothing. That is SOOOO scary!

This photo is not at ALL what I planned to post on Halloween, but if you want to see a human werewolf, or Sasquatch candidate, here he is!
Need a rug? He's your man!

Drat - it's going to RAIN this afternoon. Poor little kids - you wait all year long for Halloween and then it RAINS. Remember, October is our DRY month and it's going to RAIN today.

Favorite Halloween memory - Full Sized Candy bars, and trick or treating with NO adults. ;-)

After I had children, we would drive to 'Grandmas neighborhood' in the prestigious Blackstone Boulevard area of Providence so the kids could go trick or treating there - the candy was better and the homes were GORGEOUS.

Remember people used to invite you inside and take your picture if you were 'cuteness personified'? I'll bet they don't dare do that now - parents would sue.

Worst Halloween memory...

This was in Massachusetts.

I left for a business trip the day after Halloween. Unbeknownst (is that the right word?) to me, someone had driven by during the night and thrown raw eggs against one side of my car, which were now frozen solid to the door and side of the car.

I didn't have time to defrost frozen egg white and wash it off, so I drove to the airport parking lot and left the car there a week with egg on it. YUCK!

Have a safe and delicious Halloween, everyone! Eat some candy for me! Enjoy the cute little trick-or-treaters, and move the juvenile delinquent and teenaged ones along as soon as possible!

Comments:
As a kid we enjoyed letting air out of tires and writing stuff on signs, etc. which I guess would get us arrested today. NO eggs though, yuk!
Our rain is holding off until tomorrow. I plan to cap off my Haloween with brandy and three See's truffles I won in an office raffle today.
 
Hey, I think I dated that guy in the picture!!! Ewwwwwwww!!!!
We didn't get ONE KID tonight..guess we'll have to eat all the candy ourselves. Tony's shop windows got egged last night, so we can sympathize with your bad Halloween story!! Rotten kids...Haha!
Hugs and vampire kisses!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?