Friday, October 27, 2006

 

Day 249 - It's Friday And Breakfast Is On The Company

Greetings, Bloggy Workers!

It's Friday! March in a circle, but don't cheer too much in front of the boss. ;-)

I am going to Blog and Go this morning - my group is meeting for a Team Breakfast at 7:30am. Yahoo! I like going out to breakfast (of course)!

I even had a manager at my old job (BT) for a while who took us to breakfast pretty regularly. We'd go have a breakfast buffet, get custom-made omelettes cooked by 'Miss Chris', talk about what we were working on, and it was just a lovely work event!

I've had a good week, accomplished some good stuff - and nothing is bothering me to make me wake up at 3am and think over...

It's raining. It rained gently for most of the day yesterday, and it's going to rain all day today. Of course, it didn't rain almost all summer, and October is supposed to be Tennessee's dry month. Who comes up with this stuff anyway? If it's gonna rain, it's gonna rain. Get over it.

Hey, I have an Uncivil comment to make to Civil Engineers.

Will you please design a bloody turn lane to handle more than THREE cars?

Around Cool Springs, we have THIRTY cars in line to make a turn, and none of the bloody turn lanes are more than a few feet long, resulting in bottleneck after bottleneck. Makes you want to drive in the bloody median. Even the turn lanes for the INTERSTATE are too short! Good grief, people!

Will you please change the bloody specifications on that bloody piece of computer software that plots out that crap?

Thank you.
Have a nice day! Love you Bye!

It took me 50 minutes to go 18 miles last night, but I made it home with the pizza in time for Survivor!

Comments:
Hahaha!! Go get em Mamma!! Change those roads! Too funny...I'm finishing work and on my way home! Yay!!!
Have a great weekend! xoxoxo
 
Of course I can't appreciate Fridays as you do now that I'm retired (sorry to remind you but it's true!) I wanted to make 2 comments, first did you pick up on my mispelled word yesterday i.e. "the weekend through me off"--should have been threw me off--must have thought I was on the through way! And second, how would it have sounded if your cubicle mate had written that "Karen glisened profusely" as Aunt Nancy suggested?

Gil's daughter Brenda has a breakfast pizza at their work place when the boss feels generous. Sounds yummy!
 
It looks like I'll have to comment twice, first for content, and second for correcting my spelling errors: note glisened is missing the t (glistened). I used to be able to spell before old age crept up on me! Enjoy your weekend!
 
aaahhh, joyous senior moments discovered on the blog. I caught the "through me off" but didn't want to be rude to my OLDER sister. BTW, "mispelled" should be "misspelled."
 
Continuing the bloggy spelling bee, Nancy, I did look up misspelled, and somehow read it incorrectly. Originally I spelled it correctly before I looked it up! Tsk! Tsk! All is well, Karen, we don't need a referee! And Nancy it's OK to be rude if you're right! That's the Perham way!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?