Wednesday, October 25, 2006

 

Day 247 - Watch What You Say, it Might Be Put in Print

Greetings, Bloggy Cubicle-Jockeys!

(That's me, someone who sits in a cubicle all day)

I have a funny story from work to tell, and I didn't know if I was going to tell it or not but we're all friends here...

Charlie and I are having a good laugh over it, and so is anyone sitting within earshot.

Anyway - the area I work in is too hot. We are having way-below-normal temps at the moment, and I have to wear short sleeves where I sit because it's HOT.

I've mentioned it several times at work, and said ONCE 'Even my palms are sweaty' when it was true!

The guy who sits behind me has been suffering too, and suggested I send an email to the facility management people. I didn't bother.

So 'S.M.' (guy who sits behind me) sends a memo to the facility manager, complaining of the heat, and INCLUDES ME in his memo, and I quote:

'Karen was sweating heavily and so was I!' Thanks, buddy, for including me - and that was put so poetically. *sigh, it just ain't right* ;-)

The folks working around me who have heard (one way or another) now walk by my cube and casually remark 'it's hot in here'.

Another guy sent me some different words for 'sweaty', like 'diaphoretic' in case they are more palatable.

Another lady came by to warm up - her area is too cold and she heard ours was warm!

I hope I can get over my new-found reputation of 'Ms. Pete Schweaty'.

Yesterday, a guy came over with a ladder and worked on the vents, increasing the air flow which may disperse the heat a little better. We'll see how it is today.

S.M.'s manager came over to speak to me and 'feel the temperature' in that area too. He mentioned he might move someone into that spot who is too cold. (S.M. was working from home yesterday because it's too hot in the office.)

Well, I can't say much more on that subject, except to proclaim to the world that I don't have to SWEAT to be too hot, and if I have a hot flash, I'm going to keep it to myself!

TTFN and have a nice day!

Comments:
Hahahaha!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry everyone thinks your sweaty! All hot and sweaty with the guys at work, huh?? Great story! Don't feel bad, though. My place is like that everyday...I get pools of sweat in my BRA!! It's awful...but if you change the heat, you're ice cold in less than 5 minutes...awful system. Try to stay cool!
xoxoxoxo
 
Pretty funny story, esp. since women are supposed to glisten, not sweat. I hate to brag but my office is always comfortable.

I'm baaaackkk from Hawaii!
Sorry to disappoint you readers but our power was out from the earthquake for only three hours (we were in a tourist hotel after all!). (No one died, unlike the earthquake we had in SF in 1989.)

We had great weather, in the 80's, with trade winds, snorkeled with fish (including Nemo) and turtles, had many Mai Tais, yummy fresh fish and Hula Pie, georgeous sunsets and walked on a volcano.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?