Monday, October 23, 2006

 

Day 245 - Monday Has Rolled Around Again

Greetings, Bloggy Commuters!

This photo seems to be an odd mix of a pumpkin patch and a Christmas tree lot. (Better than used cars!)

The lights look like stars, don't they? Oh, Great Pumpkin, Where are you?

Isn't it PRETTY?

Well I think so and it's Monday so I can like what I want.

Five little pumpkins,
Sitting on a fence,
The Witch came flying by, Whew!
Take that pumpkin for my own,
And make a Pumpkin Pie!

That was a song my daughter learned in Nursery School. You're supposed to count down on your fingers while you 'whisk away the pumpkins'.

My mother is the only person I know who can make REAL pumpkin pie by stewing a pumpkin and not buying the pumpkin in a can. Do you know that you need to buy a special kind of pumpkin for a pie vs. the carving kind? They're smaller and sweeter.

Anyway, I'm prattling on about pumpkins... It's not long now till Halloween!

I am bringing in a plastic trick-or-treat pumpkin to work today, filled with pumpkin-paper individually wrapped pretzel packages.

More cuteness! Please ignore all the bills, coupons, flyers and paperwork piled on the counter next to them. I should have moved that stuff, shouldn't I?

Sorry, I haven't bought any chocolates yet. I'll buy some just before Halloween to give away.

I'll get moans and groans from the folks at work (who prefer biscotti, by the way), but I think they're cute.

Anyway - gotta 'roll on'... That's pumpkin talk, folks! TTFN!

Comments:
Mmmmmm..pumpkin pie....yum. Thanks for our Halloween card! Have I said that yet?? It came the other day...very cute! Monday is almost over, thank goodness! Think I've got a stomach bug to go along with the cold that wouldn't die...UGH.
Have a good week! xoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?