Saturday, October 21, 2006

 

Day 243 - An' The Flannin' Ain't New

Greetings, Bloggy Princes and Princesses! Happy Saturday!

I chose this photo from the web this morning because the fall foliage here is looking pretty nice right now. I am surprised because it was such a drought-ridden season here.

I put a flannel bottom sheet on the bed last night - it is 32 degrees this morning. One flannel sheet on the bottom means the bed isn't cold when we get into it, but without a flannel top sheet it isn't as hot!

The word 'flannel' reminds me of the book 'A Little Princess', when Becky made Sara a pin cushion out of old flannel, and apologized for it. Sara loved it.

Becky had scarcely known what laughter was through all her poor, little hard-driven life. ... "It ain't nothin' but flannin, an' the flannin ain't new.

Who would I be today if I hadn't read 'A Little Princess', and 'The Secret Garden', and the 'Little House' Books, and 'Nancy and Plum', and a hundred others? I guess I'd have turned out okay, but I'm not sure! Males don't usually read those books, and look how they turn out! Kidding!

By the way - when are they going to make an ACCURATE movie based on 'A Little Princess'? There's one version I saw a little of on cable, and it is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. There's a Shirley Temple version, but the Shirley Temple movies are too 'Shirley Temple-ey'.

Ah well, it's too early in the morning to wonder such things, and I'll bet YOU don't care?

I'm meeting Debbie to go swim later this morning, and Charlie's out in the hunting blind. I'm having my bloggy juice here, then breakfast, then I'll hit the road.

I dreamed last night that my daughter got a medical bill and the payment was $750 a month! Sorry, Heather! My advice was to phone them and get it adjusted down. ;-)

Quote of the day - excerpted from 'Canuck Quotes':
"Flannel keeps us warm. Flannel keeps us equal. Flannel keeps us constantly aware that we aren't basking in the warmth of a southern ocean breeze. That's why flannel is the enduring Canadian fabric."Well . . . that's what I think, eh?"

TTFN and have a nice day! Get out your flannel shirts and Go, Go, Go!

Comments:
Oh no!! Hope that dream isn't a bad omen....am I gonna lose my Insurance?? Ahhhhhhh!
We've had flannel on our bed for a month now!
xoxoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?