Friday, October 20, 2006

 

Day 242 - Punkins and Lamb Shanks

Greetings, Bloggy TGIF-ers!

It's Friday! Hooray!

March in a circle, crowing like Peter Pan (or whoever comes to mind - maybe one of your relatives.)

Greetings from the Pumpkin Patch, where they seem to be growing babies when the cabbage patch overflows... Hmmm....

No, I have not bought a pumpkin yet, it is certainly cold enough to keep one outside now - it's 42 chilly degrees outdoors.

I have a bug fix to do at work this morning, and I have to admit it's a bug with my own code! How aggravating is that? I'd rather fix other people's mistakes. I might even go in a little early, because I want to find it and fix it so I can have peace of mind this weekend.

I'm not going to write for long so I can get ready a bit earlier than usual.

I do have to make a 'food choice' comment. Last night on Survivor - they had a very physical challenge, playing for a 'feast' reward prize.

When I think of people from the US who haven't had fast food, lattes, chocolate, spices, etc for days, I'm thinking the best thing they could possibly reward them with would be pizza and beer, or burgers and fries, or spaghetti and meatballs, or mom's apple pie, or something along those lines!

So what do they come up with? A pot of stewed lamb shanks, and bread.

What the heck is THAT???

They've lived on fish, snails, octopus, fruit and water for days!

What consultant thought that brilliant meal up?

Did the Lamb Council petition the show and complain that they'd never seen lamb served on Survivor, only chicken and beef?

Did someone decide that beef and pork were taboo, and so chose lamb?

Did the crew sit around 'tasting the options' like you do at a reception hall, and choose lamb shanks?

When I think of the word 'Lamb Shanks', I think of Samwise Gamgee trying to protect Frodo Baggins from Strider (Aragorn) the first time they met.

He said 'Let him go or I'll have you, Longshanks!' That's what I thought of every time I heard 'Lamb Shanks'. ;-)

Gee, what a tirade, Karen! You'd better go to work and take it out on the database...

So long and TTFN, Longshanks! Maybe go buy some LAMB for dinner...

Comments:
MMmmmmmm pizza, cooked in a wood fired oven for moments, topped with everything!
 
mmm...like the pizza idea best I think! xoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?