Tuesday, October 17, 2006

 

Day 239 - So long Monday, Hello Tuesday!

Greetings, Bloggy Tazmanian Devils!

(Or whoever else may want to read. We don't discriminate between Angels and Devils on Halloween.)

Monday night report: Our Monday night trip to Cracker Barrel with some friends went just fine.

What kind of candy do you give out for Halloween? We don't get many trick or treaters here, just the next door neighbors kids.

I have a tub of UTZ Halloween pretzel packs that I got at Sams Club, but I'm bringing those to work.

I'll get a bag of chocolates for the neighbor kids. Maybe I'll buy some full-sized candy bars. They were always my favorite when I was a trick or treater (or a parent pilfering from my kids stash).

My personal favorites - Mounds bars, Almond Joy candy bars, Kit Kats, Butterfingers. Mmmmm...

A few Halloween memories - getting enough candy to make the bottom of a PILLOWCASE heavy.

Wearing/eating those awful wax-candy vampire teeth. YUCK!

The taste of candy corn is burned into my memory forever. I'm not crazy about it but some people are.

UNICEF boxes. Do kids still do that? We never counted the money because the box couldn't open, but we were always curious.

Running out of candy and giving away (over the years):

A lady at work mentioned she gave out dollar bills one year because she didn't have any candy. The kids loved it, then told other kids to go to her house, so she had more trick-or-treaters than usual!

Well, sorry gang - I've got a couple weeks left to talk more about Halloween, and right now I've got to get ready for work. Have a great Tuesday!


Comments:
I am deleting an AD posted here...
 
Ads?? YUCK!!!!!!!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?