Saturday, September 23, 2006

 

Day 215 - First Day of Fall and it's 75 Degrees!

Greetings, Meaty-Bloggyorologists (that is a cross between a Meteorologist and a Bloggyorologist).

Yeah, I know - that fractured word doesn't cut it but I ain't gonna take it back.

Oh look! A baby sleeping in the leaves! It's amazing what you find on the web when you look for pictures.

Do you remember jumping in leaves when you were a kid? There is a special, dusty, musty leaf smell to a leaf pile, and it was totally fun until you jumped on a stray stick or rock buried in there. The Evil Bloggyman PUT it in there, I know. The first jump was the best one when the pile wasn't packed down yet. Raking leaves is not my favorite activity, by the way.

It's the first day of Fall.
It's 7:30am.
It's 75 Degrees with 92% humidity.
There are flash floods and tornado warnings to the north.
Charlie is in camos sitting in a tree out in the back.

Sounds like life in the South to me!

I am slogging down the bloggy juice this morning. I need a hot milk steamer/frother thing like they use in expresso machines, and one of those stainless steel pitchers, and a much bigger cup. Does someone want to get me one for Christmas? They cost a ton.

Wait a minute while I go add some irish creme flavoring to my coffee. We pause for station identification...

I added some sugar free Irish creme extract to my coffee AND a couple grinds of nutmeg, all the while eyeing some eggnog mix I have in the cupboard. Now my coffee smells like fall and I'm already down to about 2 glugs left.

When I was a kid and one of us would pour the first foamy glass from a gallon of milk, we'd call that 'getting the glug-glugs' . We thought it was BETTER somehow than any other portion. It was a way we could be jealous of each other and fight about it, I guess. ;-)

Thinking of nutmeg and milk, and smelling nutmeg makes me think of pudding.

My mother makes wonderful egg custard with nutmeg on top. I haven't had it in years. I bought some store-bought rice pudding cups the other day. I ate one and the rest is still in the fridge. Not very good, even with a ton of freshly ground nutmeg on it.

When I was a kid and we lived in Stamford, Connecticut, my best friend Barbara's mother (they were of Greek ancestry) made the BEST rice pudding ever. I've never had any rice pudding as good since then, but the grapenut pudding at 'Eats' restaurant in Seekonk, MA isn't bad either. (the owners there are Greek as well - is there an ethnic recipe secret there?).

Well, I've just been free associating here - it's really easy to write something when you don't have to think about a topic, this is just writing down what I'm thinking as I think it.

Well, one more thing and I'll close for today - the continuing saga of my trips to Dreamville.

I dreamed last night that I was in college at Rochester College (No, I didn't have a totally cute college logo jersey on but I even thought in my dream to stop at the campus store and buy one. Yes, I SHOP in my dreams).

By the way, Rochester College is in Michigan, and in my dream it was in Maine. The photo at left is the University of Rochester. Can you see my room?

I was supposed to drive several girls somewhere, hadn't packed yet (that is NOT like me), it was around 8pm, and I couldn't find my dormroom! I thought it was B-11, then thought it was B-17, but all I could remember about where it was is that you had to walk through a formal dining area to another hallway to get there.

I remember thinking it was going to be exam time soon and I'd better study. So, is that enough crazy rambling for one day?

TTFN and DON'T GO TO SLEEP.

Comments:
Happy Saturday..I'm sick. BLAH. Not going into work today, and Tony & I were supposed to be going to a bday party, but he's been sick most of the week, so that may not be happening. It's rainy and cold here for the first fall day...looks like Fall!!!
 
Hi Heather and Tony, Sorry you're sick, rest and get well soon! xxx-ooo
 
Thanks Mamma!! xoxoxo
 
Simple analysis: instead of going to college, you shopped.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?