Thursday, September 21, 2006

 

Day 213 - Thursday is Here!

Greetings and Salutations, Bloggy Dudes and Dudettes!

It was 46 chilly degrees outside this morning (and yesterday morning too)!

Fall be Fallin', dudes. It was so dry this year that a few trees have just lost their leaves without bothering to change color. The tree that the bird feeder is on has a little color.

Hey! Newsflash - the woodpecker that pecks on the roof is back, we heard it on Sunday and I haven't heard it since way before I started back to work.

It's Thursday, which means several things right off the bat.

It's Payday.
The week is almost over.
It's Survivor Night!

(Roll sound clip of Ferris Bueller music 'Oh....Yeah....' in that deep synthesized voice)

Let's talk about dreams for a minute. Yesterday morning when I woke up, for a scant second or two I SWEAR I smelled fresh bread baking. It was the most wonderful smell, and I wonder if I was DREAMING IT. Can you SMELL things in your dreams? If I can that is news to me. What do YOU think, gentle readers?

I think you're imagining things like usual, you twit. Thanks, Evil Bloggyman, but it's OK to imagine things in your DREAMS, isn't it? (Don't answer that!)

Quote of the day:
You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'
George Bernard Shaw

So, if I think I can dream of fresh bread baking and actually smell it - WHY NOT?

Complaint of the day:
For the past two mornings, I've gotten stuck (along with a bunch of other cars) behind a cement mixer going 40 on a 55mph road for part of my commute. Maybe I'll be lucky and it won't be there again today. (Cover your eyes. Wish for 'no cement mixer, no cement mixer')

Well gang, I've managed to ramble on for a few lines here, and I need to go get ready for work. I am going to have a nice,fat, toasted bagel for breakfast and think of fresh baked bread...

TTFN! (Roll sound clip of 'Survivor' music and fade out...)

Comments:
Karen, Knowing how much you love the smell of fresh bread baking, I'm not surprised you could manufacture it in your dreams! Also I think Robert Kennedy made that quote from George Bernard Shaw popular back in the 60's.
Enjoy these fall days! The temp here is 54 and it's 2:23 in the afternoon! Gil said it was 40 earlier this morning before I was up, and windy too.
 
Karen you are remembering the bread your mother bakes, I'm sure.

It is 66 here and we don't have a fall. I do miss fall and the leaves though and in a few years will be back amidst the foliage--
 
Haven't had a chance to comment most of the week! Ugh, I suck! Bread DOES smell wonderful, even though I don't LOVE it like you do!
xoxoxoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?