Monday, September 11, 2006

 

Day 203 - Monday Again

Greetings, Bloggy Commuters! It's Monday again.

Please share a moment of bloggy silence here for the anniversary of 9/11.

Speaking of a moment of silence - let me share a story from yesterday with you.

I went swimming at my 'old' health club where the outdoor pool is still open, then went to lunch and the dollar store with Buddy Joe. Buddy Joe had on an Audobon t-shirt with alligators on it. That got our cashier at the dollar store talking about the Croc Hunter. I haven't mentioned it, but I am sorry he was killed, and am sorry for his family. He was very entertaining to watch, and I liked his accent.

The cashier asked US (as if we'd know) if we'd heard what the funeral arrangements were going to be for the Croc Hunter.

In Dr. Suess's words 'She thought up a lie and she thought it up quick.' I said 'Well I heard that he was going to be buried beside Princess Di in England in a special tomb!'

You would have thought I was leading a press conference... 'Wow! The cashier exclaimed. 'Is that TRUE?' 'NO, it's not true!' I replied dryly. She has probably told 50 other people by now...

So, today I may be a commuter but I am also a rumor-monger. ;-) I'm so proud.

Well, I'll quickly tell another story - back to Newport this time.

Charlie and I ate dinner at the Brick Alley Pub the day before we left. We've been there before, and they have great food and great drinks. It's fun to people-watch from the many windows in the front.

Charlie had a Newport Storm Ale, and I had a pomegranate margarita (YUM-O). We ordered three appetizers - baked stuffed clams (called 'stuffies' in R.I. vernacular), Oysters Rockefeller (which they call Oysters Newport instead), and chicken nachos.

Right outside the window in the photo- we saw an obviously intoxicated young man.

He was worse off than most of the people we have seen in New Orleans who'd had one or ten too many.

He wandered a bit (in a very small area), weaved a bit, then was sleeping standing up near the window.

He was waving a small flag from another country (don't know which). He dropped the flag at one point, fished it back up off the sidewalk, and kissed it.

We didn't see him for long after that because we think the local police picked him up.

Well, that's it for today! Gotta go to work!

Comments:
I'd post a 9/11 Tribute pic if I knew how to add it here...

Love you!!
xoxoxoxoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?