Saturday, September 09, 2006

 

Day 201 - Ernesto pictures from Newport, RI

Greetings, Bloggy Labor Day Celebrants!

I think it's a good time to share a few photos from Newport - whaddya think?

Hurricane/Tropical Storm Ernesto came by and 'Kicked it up a notch' wave-wise.

I think I'll post some pictures from the tropical storm for you first.

This one at the top is of some boats moored at Fort Adams State Park. This is the HARBOR area - and it was still choppy and bounced everyone around on their boats. (Interruption - Charlie is in the garage doing duck calls. I love that man).

When we left Ft. Adams State Park, Charlie, my mother, my step-dad and I went to Brenton Point State Park, continuing our journey on the famous Ocean Drive in Newport.

Ocean Drive takes you by the coastline and many of the Newport Mansions as you drive in a leisurely loop away from then back to town.

The park is a great place to have a picnic, fly a kite, and watch the waves roll in when it's stormy.

Here is a link to the history of the park if you're interested. http://www.riparks.com/brentonhistory.htm

In the wintertime, sometimes the waves break over the sea walls and take out the road! The sea is angry and gray-looking in the winter and when a storm is brewing. Notice that there is a man sitting on the rock in the center of the photo above. We were happy when he came back to shore.

There were people out on some of the other rocks too. This is a highly dangerous activity in a storm, as there have been drownings when people are swept from them into the ocean.

All along the edge there are signs NOT to go out there, but people do.

I like this photo because I got a good shot of the spray on the upper right hand side. Maybe the blog can't do it justice, but it looks great on our PC.

Well, Charlie is going to Wal-mart and I need groceries (I just cleaned out the fridge after we returned from vacation so I need to resupply), so I've got to close for now.

TTFN and more later (or tomorrow!).

Comments:
Nice pictures!! We need to go food shopping today too...If we ever leave the house! Tony's still in bed, and I just might go back!
xoxoxoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?