Friday, September 01, 2006

 

Day 193 - Newport Bound!

Greetings, Labor Day Weekend Lovers!

March in a circle chanting Fri-day, Fri-day, Fri-day, Fri-day!

Do the happy dance and MEAN IT this time! ;-)

Celebrate now because WINTER is COMING. It's already begun getting cold in Maine and it's moving south! Actually it'll probably collide with Hurricane Ernesto.

It's Friday, it's September, and it's Labor Day Weekend! Kiss the summertime goodbye. (insert 'thwack' sound here)

Goodbye outdoor pools - they'll be closing after this weekend. I will definitely miss them.
Goodbye special extended summer hours - they'll revert back to normal after Labor Day weekend.
Goodbye additional summer movie matinees - they're gone too!

Hello summer clearance and other shopping! So far on my trip I've bought some books, a new pair of sneakers, and a jean shirt. I wonder if I'll still fit in that shirt after my vacation - considering my vacation consists of EATING all the time. I need to swim swim swim!
Hello fall clothes! I like autumn colors - in leaves and clothing!

Hey Karen, quit using exclamation marks after every darn line, I'm sick of your enthusiasm! Thanks, Evil Bloggyman.

I'll be leaving my sister and brother-in-law's house this afternoon and travelling to beautiful and trendy Newport, Rhode Island.

Warning - I have no idea if I can blog from there, so apologies in advance if you don't get any blogs for days!

Plans for Newport - walk around, shop, hang out, eat, swim, go on boat rides, go to the movies, walk on the Cliffwalk which is an oceanside and mansionside walking path, and dine at 'Yesterdays' restaurant where Charlie proposed to me. Can I stand it? Yep.

On Sunday we go to the all-you-can-eat lobster buffet at Nordic Lodge. More foodfest. Thankfully there is an indoor pool - I need to EXERCISE!

Okay - my sister just left for work and I think I'll finish my coffee and go read. I'm re-reading 'The Game of Thrones' by George R.R. Martin - this series is one of the best I have ever read in my life and I am impatiently waiting for the next book to be released. TTFN!

Comments:
FRIDAY FRIDAY!!!! Have a good one Mamma! See you soon!
xoxoxoxo
 
Hi Heather - see you and Tony at Nordic Lodge Sunday just before 2pm! I'll call you too. ;-) xxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?