Tuesday, August 29, 2006

 

Day 190 - Careful With Those Knives!

Greetings, Bloggy Sculptors and those who like sharp, pointy objects!

I promised you a photo of the veggie carving activity we did at the retreat last weekend. Here is the result!

Didn't our group do a great job?

What you see here are radish mushrooms, radish rosettes, radish ladybugs, various carrot carvings, cucumber fans, cucumber rollups, and cherry tomatoes too!

We skewered them with bamboo skewers (that I bought at the dollar store in Tennessee and brought with me) and put the skewers in pitchers (we could have used vases but pitchers were handier) like flowers.

No injuries occurred. The carrots were the hardest (in more ways than one) to carve. The radishes were the easiest AND the most beautiful!

Let me tell you - if you want something that attracts attention, put together a few of these in a vase for your next get together. We stored these overnight in the fridge, wrapped in a trash bag, and set them out again the next day in the dining room and next to the coffee station. So many people admired them and complimented them - they really were a conversation piece.

I never really thought anyone would EAT them, but we did spot a few being consumed!

Blogcabulary Word of the Day: BLOGGYGAMI
Bloggygami: The ancient art of paper folding a printout from your blog.

My son arrived yesterday for a visit, and we did a bit of shopping and went out for lunch. We stayed up till midnight watching Red Sox baseball, but I don't know who won!

His big request isn't to go out for a fancy dinner - he wants his grandmother to make him American Chop Suey - isn't that sweet? He'll probably eat the whole panfull.

Have a great Tuesday and Be Careful With Those Knives! TTFN!

Comments:
Almost time for Parella's!!! My belly is growling for some seafood!!!!!
**I would've eaten the flowers..;)
 
American chop suey - a family favorite. Once upon a time when i cooked, this was a staple. When I lived in Maryland, my brother whose wife is a wonderful cook still preferred the chop suey his mother (and I)made. It lasts for days (around some people) and is better the second or third day. Perhaps Karen will get the authentic recipe from her mother and share it with all of you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?