Thursday, August 10, 2006

 

Day 171 - The Game of 'Pool'

Greetings, Chief High Bloggy-Mucks!

It's THURSDAY already and the week is flying by!

I actually could use a couple more days tacked on to this week, to catch up with some things I'm doing at work, but that ain't gonna happen.

I haven't been in the pool since SUNDAY - can you believe it? S.L.A.C.K.E.R.

I am telling myself it's given me a rest and helping my back get better, but what it accomplishes is to make my butt get bigger instead. ;-) I have to go to the grocery store after work tonight, so I won't be dashing over to the pool for a quick swim tonight either.

If you want to see BOREDOM, take a look at the teenaged-or-a-little-older lifeguards at the pool. They sit there on their 'towers' and play with their hair, their FEET, their sunglasses, and you can just SEE them waiting for the day to tick by.

The parents, on the other hand, are quite busy. They spend at least the first 15 minutes of their pool visit slathering and spraying down their kids with sunblock. That gives me an edge ‘cause I can get in right away (I don’t stay outdoors long enough to need any sunblock, and it gets in my eyes) and beat the rush.

Once last week I was one of the first TWO in the water, but not the first one to go underwater (because one kid jumped in). OK, he won. It was getting pretty crowded after about 45 minutes, but I was already done and ready to lay around on a lounge chair and read.

I saw the ‘nicest Dad’ at the pool the other day. (By the way - it seems to be a ‘Dad thing’ to take the kids to the pool - or is it Divorced Dad’s day maybe? ) Anyway, this Dad would patiently LIE DOWN UNDERWATER AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POOL so his son could climb up on him like an island and vault himself off, over and over and over again. Need a float? Use Dad! Maybe an island? Dad’s up to it! I thought that was quite sporting of him.

Solo adult swimmers like me? Not many, maybe two or three, either swimming or napping in the lounge chairs!

Changing subjects…

Seen on MSN – don’t worry about how fat PEOPLE are getting, worry about how fat your DOG is getting, and how hard it is for your DOG to lose weight. Is there a Doggy BMI???

If you can pinch an inch, it might just be the BREED!!!

Does this dog food make my tail look fat? Jeepers, yes! ;-)

Changing subjects...

Is anyone watching that 'Think you can dance' show? I didn't vote, but I would like to see either Travis or Benji win it. Travis has the best talent, but Benji has the best showmanship. Either one as champion would be fine with me. Charlie, of course, likes Heidi. ;-)

Okey dokey - gotta go get in the shower! I haven't even finished my coffee! Eeek! Bye!

Comments:
I haven't seen the 'think you can dance' show since the very first couple..then Tony wouldn't watch it anymore...I love the Dad story at the pool...very cute!
Almost friday! ;)
xoxoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?