Tuesday, August 08, 2006

 

Day 169 - Lift, Separate, and Torture - or - A Stitch in the Back Hurts Like Heck

Greetings, Bloggies! It's Tuesday!

Lift, Separate, and Torture?

Welcome to the fascinating world of women’s foundation garments, smallclothes, or UNMENTIONABLES. (You’re thinking, good grief, what is she going to talk about?)

I don’t usually talk about anything more intimate than a bathing suit, but you might need to know this! Think back… Trizzle trazzle trazzle trone…

Did I mention that I got a new chair at work because I thought my old chair was hurting my back? I have had a constant sore muscle under my ‘chicken wing’ (which is a shoulder blade) on my right side for almost three weeks now, and it’s just starting to get a little better.

All of you folks who live with pain, I HEAR you loud and clear. Sitting all day at work, by noontime my back would be clenched in a knot. My SKIN was hypersensitive because I was in pain. Pain is distracting and pretty much… a pain. I even tried a heating pad for the first time in my life. (It was a plain blue heating pad, not a floral covered one from the 60's like SOMEONE has who reads this blog).

I don’t know if I pulled that muscle in my back swimming, lifting groceries, or just LIVING. I don’t know and I’ll probably never find out either. Being the studly woman I am (can a woman be studly?), I ignored it most of the time. I kept on swimming and carried on pretty normally, but it surely did hurt, especially trying to get to sleep at night. Ask Charlie, I tossed and turned most of the time until midnight or so. I was in pain when we went on that weekend away to Gatlinburg, and that was one of my worst nights. I even tried sleeping on a pillow because the mattress hurt my back. It didn't work.

ANYHOW – I discovered ONE thing that was aggravating my back and keeping my sore muscle sore! MY BRASSIERE(S). I use the plural because several that I wear all have clasps in the back. These clasps would hit that very same sore spot all day long and make it worse, and the chair back would contribute to that pressure! Can you imagine – a torture device that I intentionally put on every day!

My back started to get better this weekend when I changed what I was wearing to my very thinnest, softest, stretchiest, front closing… thingies. I think the constant pressure of the clasps right on that sore spot have really prevented me from getting better!

What do YOU think? That it’s all in my head? (Don’t answer that).

Gotta go now. Be at peace, all over!

Comments:
Nope, it's not your head that you wrap in those things. (Okay - maybe my head, but no one wants to hear about that.)

But actually I sort of like your "very thinnest, softest, stretchiest, front closing… thingies". Thankfully they also help your back. ;-)
 
Ewwww...yucky, mushy talk! Ewwwww!!
Well, welcome to my world, Mamma! I understand completely..I even put one of the soft pads used for FEET on my back sometimes to cushion the bra closure...It is very annoying when you are in pain...I'm sorry you've been so sore! I can relate...you know I can!
xoxoxoxo
 
Karen, I'm so glad you are better! It sounds like what my chiropractor called a subluxation many years ago. Maybe you are improving without massage or chiropractic intervention. Miracle of miracles! Keep on improving, please!
 
Sometimes I wonder why I read these things! Subluxation! head wrapping! (I agree, Heather--ewwww!)

That is interesting the pain would go away? I thought you might be in "going back to work pain."
 
Well, I don't know how it started, but I am ready to be 100% better again. I am sick of back pain!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?