Sunday, August 06, 2006

 

Day 167 - Gettin' Goin' Early

Greetings, Blogregation!

It's Sunday morning and Charlie and I have already finished breakfast and unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher. If you're wondering, we ate the same breakfast as yesterday, but substitute ham for sausage on the sandwich, and I had mine on an onion bagel.

Charlie's going to go mow the lawn (which is a couple-hour process), so I am going into Nashville to go swim while he's working outside. (The rec center pool doesn't open till 1pm on Sunday. I think that's ridiculous).

Since I'm swimming today I can skip swimming tomorrow morning without feeling guilty and take my time. I need that on a Monday, I must admit.

That also means I'm going to leave you until I get back, and write more later.

TTFN! Happy Sunday!

I'm baaack! It's 1:51pm and we've just finished having chicken nachos while we watched the ballgame on TV. YUM-O.

Internet connection seems to be working just fine, knock on wood. (rap rap rap) Speaking of the internet...

Karen - Doctor Bloggy, do you have a minute?

Doctor Bloggy - I only charge by the hour.

Karen - oh FINE, bill me.

Doc Bloggy - Please proceed. What did you want to discuss today, Karen?

Karen - Well - since the cable connection broke my 160 day blogging streak, I feel that the pressure is off to post a blog entry EVERY SINGLE DAY. Not that I won't post whenever I can, which most of the time will be daily, but I have a trip coming up at the end of the month so I am trying NOT to worry anymore if I miss a few days here and there.

Doctor Bloggy: So, Karen - maybe losing your internet service did YOU a service? Is that what you're saying?

Karen: I didn't feel that way last week, but if you look at it in the 'I didn't blow my blogging streak so now it's out of my hands' kind of way, yes, that's what I'm saying.

Doctor Bloggy: So, Karen, how does that make you feel?

Karen: Normal.

Doctor Bloggy: You're not normal, Karen.

Karen: Normal-ER then.

Doctor Bloggy: Very well. Please see the receptionist on your way out and have her Xerox your new insurance card.

Karen: Thanks, Doc.

Doctor Bloggy: NEXT!

Karen: TTFN!

Update at 5:30pm. It was 94 degrees this afternoon.

On the way home from swimming I stopped at the Kmart (close to where I swim) and bought 2 nice pairs of sandals and a sweater for a mere $25, tax free. Aaaaaaah.

I didn't pay attention to the mall traffic today, but yesterday the traffic backup looked worse than at Christmastime. Eeeew.

I am going to read a little now and watch a movie on cable at the same time. (right, I'll read but ignore the movie). TTFN!

Comments:
Happy Sunday! Tony's mowing too..so I'm just relaxing a bit until he needs some help. Won't be doing much today since we're having Evan's bday here next sunday and last Sunday had a cookout, so I need a break! Have fun swimming!!
xoxoxo
 
We'll miss you on your off days, but we ALL will understand....;)
 
You certainly are entitled to take a break and it is interesting that "fate" intervened to break your streak.

It is in the 60's here and cool. One of our writers called SF "the cool grey city of love."
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?