Saturday, August 05, 2006

 

Day 166 - Get Your Kicks, on Day 166

Greetings, Bloggy Weekenders! It's Saturday!

Seems like a week since we've chatted (which it has been). The internet connection still seems ok. It might be a little slow, but at this point I don't care. I don't know if we want to keep the service call we have in for Tuesday, or cancel it.

Was a week without a blog like a week without sunshine? We all miss what we can't have, don't we? I can't tell you how many times we TRIED to get online.

Soooo, what's been goin' on? I had 35 unread emails that I hadn't been able to get to, and a few emails in another email account I have, and of course a ton of spammage sitting in my bulk folders. No emergencies though.

I even got SPAM VOICEMAIL at work yesterday, I stopped answering the phone after the first one, and got probably 6 phone calls from an 800 number with an automated message from some mortgage company (not mine). If that continues I'll see if I can block it.

I'll be back - gotta go have some more bloggy juice. If you've forgotten, that's COFFEE.

TTFN!

I'm back!

It's 7:54 and Charlie and I have just finished breakfast. What did we have? An egg/turkey sausage/cheese breakfast sandwich on a wheat roll. Semi-healthy I guess!

The baby mockingbirds (who have grown up to be teenaged mockingbirds) still hang around on our deck. They are learning to chase other birds away from the feeders, just like Mom and Dad. 'Chicks' off the old block, you could say. You can tell they're not full grown yet, they're a little smaller and their coloring is a bit different.

My friend Debbie is meeting me at the outdoor pool where I 'used' to swim in Nashville, and we're going to hang out there for a while this morning. Remember we did that last Saturday too. It's overcast right now, but that doesn't bother me, I don't need a sunburn. High today is expected to be 93. Charlie's gonna go do 'man stuff' while Debbie and I are lounging at the pool.

This is 'tax free back to school shopping' weekend. I should try to avoid stores this weekend but I could really use some new sandals. Tennessee normally has sales tax on clothing - a whopping 9.25 percent I think. (That's because TN has no state income tax). This weekend there is no sales tax for clothing items that cost up to $100 each, and no tax on school supplies, and a certain allowance for computers, etc. Most schools start back here mid August, though a couple of school systems have already gone back! That's early!

Guess that's enough chatter for now - have a great Saturday whatever you do!

Comments:
Yay! Karen is back! Now life is complete once again.
 
I'm so glad you're back!! I missed the blog!!! Have a great weekend
xoxoxoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?