Sunday, July 30, 2006

 

Day 160 - Sunday Ramblings

Greetings, Blogregation!

OMIGOSH, I actually was able to upload a photo to Blogger this morning. A Sunday miracle has occurred.

We're having a thunderstorm and I hope we don't lose power as I'm blogging. I also have a wash in (so what else is new?).

That, by the way, makes TWO rain events in ONE week. More miracles. The sun just came out but we also just had a huge thunderclap that made me flinch.

So, Karen, shut up about the rain already and tell us what this picture is all about. Thanks, evil Bloggyman...

This picture is of my handy, dandy, go anywhere fold up or hang up organizer, made by 'Modella'. I bought it in the cosmetics department at Walmart for around $14. It has velcro strips to hold it shut when it is folded up, and each compartment is accessible separately.

I bring this whenever I go to the gym and hang it next to the shower, where I can reach all my soap, shampoo, etc as I'm getting ready for work. I used it Friday night when I stayed overnight in Nashville, and I will be taking it on my next 'away trip' in August. This is a travel NECESSITY for me now.

So, Karen, what's IN IT? I thought you'd never ask! Can you think of something else I might need in there?

Top compartment - toothbrush and toothpaste. (I just bought a toothbrush holder at the dollar store, so I'll be putting that in there too)
Second compartment - two kinds of body wash (Discontinued and very hard to get 'Tranquil Breezes' and Goat's Milk), shampoo and conditioner.
Third compartment - Cocoa butter lotion, chapstick, deodorant, hair elastics.
Fourth compartment - (that you can't see because I couldn't back up anymore without stepping into the bathtub) - Ginger scented body spray, clothing wrinkle releaser (for emergency wrinkle relief), hair gel, and q-tips.

Ah, it is SO nice to be organized! There's a girl who is also getting ready for work at the gym - she has to put a small duffle bag on the wet floor near the shower, and is always rummaging for what she needs in her locker. Maybe I should show her that travel kit...


Product promotion:

Do you like veggie lasagna? Well, this is the brand I like and the sodium content is reasonable (notice the light in sodium labeling).

I don't buy it because it's organic, but I don't MIND that it's organic.

So Karen, what's that freakin' MANGLED piece of fruit in front of it? Evidence? Thanks for noticing, evil Bloggyman.

That is proof that I was STARVING last night when I got home and devoured half of my MANGO NECTARINE before I could take a picture of it for 'da blog'. What is a mango nectarine? Well, I'd never heard of one before either. It has the size, skin and texture of a yellowish PLUM, but it tastes just like a peach! I don't like the skin on a peach, so these are YUMMY in my opinion. That's it for the product promotion in today's blog.

Well gang, I have a lot to do and it's only 7:30. I've got to change over the wash, clean house, and I may do some online training today. I've been at my new job for three weeks and haven't done any training in that time so now I feel guilty.

TTFN and have a great last-day-of-the-weekend!

Comments:
Didn't I give you that Ginger spray! ;)
Just getting ready for the cookout...will be a busy day!!
xoxoxo
 
Hi Heather! YES, that's the ginger spray you gave me -I love it! xxx
 
I have one of those thingies which I used once. From my own survey I have noted that NEAT people use it and love it. I don't need it at the gym (everything you list is provided) and when I travel I like a travel case to rummage through.
 
Hi Nancy, I'll bet your gym might cost a tad more than $350 a year?
 
Just saying Hi Karen! We picked more blueberries today and went to church twice. Very holy now!
 
Hey Everyone - It's Monday morning and the network connection from home is down. Karen wanted me to let you know that she will post tonight to keep all the blog readers informed.
 
Thanks Charlie -- I was very disappointed to miss my morning read.

Yes Karen -- my gym is WAAAAY more than $350 a year (Sports Club LA, in the Four Seasons Hotel). It's like a spa--I need pampering in my old age. (OK I know that's not the point, but---)
 
Karen sends apologies to her readers since she was unable to post a blog yesterday. She was on the phone with the cable company for 48 minutes last night and the technician determined that "something's wrong".

It's still not fixed and it may be next week before the problem is resolved. We hope not. If this continues Karen may try to get on-line somewhere and post an update.
 
Hurry up and get it fixed! We're addicted -- right gang?
 
I'm going through withdrawls!!!! What do I do?? What do I do???
;)
 
We were hoping to find the network in operation when we arrived home last night, but no such luck.

We wondered if a pile of emails to charter.com complainng about the lack of service would help. :-)

But as soon as somehthing can be worked out, Karen will again be entertaining everyone with her adventures, imagination, and discussions with Dr. Bloggy.
 
Okay..who do we email to complain to?? We're all missing our blog!!!
xoxo
 
Charter still hasn't seen fit to correct the problem. We're getting more aggravated every day.

If anyone has the desire, you could try complaining by going to www.charter.com and selecting "contact us". I don't know if they accept emails from outside their service area. Probably wouldn't help anyway.

Good thing we're not running a business over that connection.

More developments as they occur...
 
I kind of like thinking that it's Sunday all week ;)
 
I emailed Charter...had to promise them a first born just to get to the email page....but I got through and told them they were ruining a very important blog 'column' that THOUSANDS of people look forward to daily...so I exaggerated a bit, but I gave em hell!!! hehe :P
 
I'm getting tired of looking at the Aquafresh toothpaste and mangled "mango nectarine." Help!
 
Way to go Heather!!

We thought that it might be working this morning, but it only lasted for a minute or two. So it looks like it really will be next week before they work on it.

Phil, I'll check out the square melons. Gosh - square melons. That just doesn't sound right!

The good news is - It's Friday!!
 
Thanks, Charlie!! Anything for my little blogger!
xoxoxox
Hope you guys have a nice weekend!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?