Saturday, July 29, 2006

 

Day 159 - 1-5-9 and Saturday's FINE

Greetings, Bloggisimo's! Aren't weekends the BEST?

I'm just saying Hello quickly. I'm home, I had a great time last night and a great time today.

Maybe I'll even tell you about it after:

Etcetera, Etcetera, Etcetera....

Love you bye!

It's 8:30pm and I'll jot down a few highlights from yesterday and today.

Yesterday it rained quite a lot, we needed the rain but it would have been quite a bit easier to get across town in Friday rush hour traffic without pouring rain. Oh well.

Dinner at the Caney Fork Fish Camp was yummy - I had a coupon for a free appetizer, and we had 'catfish bites' which are breaded and deep fried chunks of catfish.

For dinner I had a grilled tilapia sandwich with lettuce and tomato, and buddy Joe had BBQ. Our waitress wasn't the most 'perky' person in the world - for example - when she wanted to take our order, she didn't say 'Do you need more time?, or 'Are you ready for me to take your order?' She just kind of mumbled - 'whaddya want?'. The food was good though!

After dinner I went shopping at the Opry Mills mall. When you're shopping at Opry Mills on a Saturday night - park somewhere NOT near the Grand Ole Opry and NOT near the movie theatre. I parked down by Saks Fifth Ave just because that entrance wasn't mobbed. I walked around the entire circuit of the mall, which is a mile loop with some offshoots. I bought a few things OF COURSE, including a book which I just finished.

I stayed in a hotel overnight last night (using a complimentary stay coupon I 'won' at last year's United Way auction at work) so I wouldn't have to drive back and forth to Nashville again today to hang out with my friend Debbie. Charlie is away right now in Iowa and comes back tomorrow, so there was no reason not to! Debbie arrived this morning at 9:30 and we had two complimentary breakfast buffets that came with my complimentary stay. YUM-O. I had a made-to-order egg beaters veggie omelette and fruit, which turned out to be both breakfast and lunch. Debbie and I ran some errands and shopped, then went to visit our friend who just had a baby, and then hung out at the beautiful POOL at my 'old' health club for a couple hours. Just a lovely day!

TTFN!


Comments:
Busy day working, shopping, then cooking for the party tomorrow! Have a good day tomorrow!
xoxoxo
 
Thanks, Heather! Have fun at the cookout, wish I could be there! xxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?